2014 Viper TA -vs- 2015 C7 Z06...

Got-Boost?

I wish purchasing a new Viper TA made sense, because I sure as hell want one!

If you shop they can be bought for under $100k. Tony paid $101k for his. Base cars are now $85k MSRP and bought for less..

Did you see the same vid I did? When the Vette wasn't just flat out missing gears, he was losing a half to whole car lengths on his shifts.

Serious question, is that Viper an automatic? Because, if it isn't, that Vette driver just made it look like one.

Actually they raced 10 times and the Viper missed shifts on 3 runs and the Z06 missed none. They are both pretty equal drivers and the Viper just flat out pulled it and in 4th gear it got worse.

A big part of why the C7 falls behind on his shifts is the difference in their gearing. While the C7 is shifting, the Viper is still wide open in a broader powerband. When the Viper shifts, I think he already has such a pull going on the C7 that the pause isn't as noticeable. The C7 just never has a chance after the first shift pretty much, no matter how well it's shifted. The auto would be a much different race I'm sure.

This is incorrect! With the tire diameter the cars are geared virtually indentical and they shift within a couple hundred RPM of each other.

Looked to me like the Viper was pulling in between shifts.

I'd still take the Vette though.

Correct!

I'm not very impressed with the C7Z so far. I'd like to see a C6 ZR1 run the TA.

Isn't there rumor of a 770 hp supercharged V10 for the Vipers?

This is Tony's old Viper racing a ZR1 that he traded for the TA..cars are neck and neck..

If you are really bored, some good reading....

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/3573568-the-dust-has-settled-viper-ta-vs-c7-z06.html