Build me an AR.

Nickey4271647545519

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because you have a 4 figure budget, does not mean you HAVE to spend it.

:)

KillJoy

When I hear "my AR15 build-budget is 1200" what I really hear is....

"I (like everyone) want to spend as little as possible building my AR15, but I am willing to spend more-than-average money for a more-than-average AR15 and my top spend must max at 1200.00"

NOT

"I have 1200 to spend building a specific type of ar15 but I'll also settle for the 500 dollar blue-plate special"

When I hear "my AR15 build-budget is 1200" what I really hear is....

"I (like everyone) want to spend as little as possible building my AR15, but I am willing to spend more-than-average money for a more-than-average AR15 and my top spend must max at 1200.00"

NOT

"I have 1200 to spend building a specific type of ar15 but I'll also settle for the 500 dollar blue-plate special"

I Hear.... "Show me what I can do, here is my budget."

You go for that upper Budget... I do not.

KillJoy

PSA had a complete build kit for $399 ($419 shipped) on Black Friday. Bought off paper stripped lowers for $70/ea and ended up with $489 total in a few of these. Could have been $25-35 cheaper if stripped lower was bought at the store (on paper).

$1200 budget will build a great gun. I paid that for one off someone here when you couldn't get them during the last ban scare. I'm enjoying following this thread - good luck one our build!

Perfect scope for your build out to 600. Great to start out with...I can't recall your optics budget.

http://www.slickguns.com/product/bushnell-4-5-18x40-bdc-reticle-target-turrets-sf-matte-blkhtml

Optics budget is $300 right now. Would you still go with that Bushnell still or something else?

Ordered most everything tonight. Have a few little odds and ends to get, like sling, scope and scope mount.

Highly recommend RC Firearms, Ryan was super easy to deal with and answered all my questions. He's a Class III dealer as well for those of you that want something a little quieter or a little faster firing.

RC Firearms

614-259-7056

rcarr@rcfirearms.com