Cell phone choices

87GT

My contract is up in June but I'm already testing the market for phones. I currently have a Galaxy S4. Here's my completely personal like/dislike list so far:

HTC One: meh

Galaxy S5: Not enough of an upgrade from S4, want to wait til S6 arrives.

Galaxy S6: Not enough info, but leading the pack from what I've read

Note 4: If I had to buy a phone THIS INSTANT, I'd get this

Note 4 Edge: LOL GIMMICK

Nexus 6: Probably gonna be an awesome phone, but Moto lost my business forever with the Droid Bionic

Moto X: See above

LG G3: Fooled around at store and checked out a friend's, it seems like a good phone but something about the interface makes me feel like it's for 12 year olds. Also I hate the power button on the back.

iPhone6: first iPhone I'd ever consider getting, but it's still behind the curve in terms of the features I want/like.

Just picked up the BlackBerry Classic. You guys will think I'm crazy, but I love this thing. I think that BlackBerry has the most intuitive OS out right now. Whenever I go Back to my iPhone or an Android I'm trying to use the gestures all over the place.

My contract is up in June but I'm already testing the market for phones. I currently have a Galaxy S4. Here's my completely personal like/dislike list so far:

HTC One: meh

Galaxy S5: Not enough of an upgrade from S4, want to wait til S6 arrives.

Galaxy S6: Not enough info, but leading the pack from what I've read

Note 4: If I had to buy a phone THIS INSTANT, I'd get this

Note 4 Edge: LOL GIMMICK

Nexus 6: Probably gonna be an awesome phone, but Moto lost my business forever with the Droid Bionic

Moto X: See above

LG G3: Fooled around at store and checked out a friend's, it seems like a good phone but something about the interface makes me feel like it's for 12 year olds. Also I hate the power button on the back.

iPhone6: first iPhone I'd ever consider getting, but it's still behind the curve in terms of the features I want/like.

Agreed, minus the G3. I use one for my business line and have no complaints. The button on the back works for me because I never use it. I just double tap like its zombie land and do my thing.

P.S. The droid turbo is pretty nice as well. Minus the battery charge gimmick its a nice phone.

Agreed, minus the G3. I use one for my business line and have no complaints. The button on the back works for me because I never use it. I just double tap like its zombie land and do my thing.

P.S. The droid turbo is pretty nice as well. Minus the battery charge gimmick its a nice phone.

I just got the turbo as my work phone..

NEED MOAR SUPERCHARGERS

Yeah I can tell the G3 is a good phone, just not my cup o tea.

What's the Droid Turbo gimmick? inductive charging? I've read some reviews of it that weren't too positive, mostly just talk about how huge the battery is and the wireless charging.

Yeah I can tell the G3 is a good phone, just not my cup o tea.

What's the Droid Turbo gimmick? inductive charging? I've read some reviews of it that weren't too positive, mostly just talk about how huge the battery is and the wireless charging.

It comes with a "variable voltage/amperage" charger that will charge it very quickly. But it only works on that 1 specific charger.

Does it charge more quickly? YES

Am I going to carry the charger around everywhere? NO.

It comes with a "variable voltage/amperage" charger that will charge it very quickly. But it only works on that 1 specific charger.

Does it charge more quickly? YES

Am I going to carry the charger around everywhere? NO.

How's the battery in real life?

Pretty good....

2.5 days on battery so far of work use and still 30% left.

Just out of curiosity, is that thing sitting in your pocket all day with minimum use? or are you a heavy user? What is the battery life like if you were to watch a lot of Youtube or something?

For those with the note4 love do you notice any kernel wakelocks that are excessive? My note2 always has "mdm_hsic_pm0" running for too long. It is I guess random when it happens. Reboot always stops it but it doesn't take long for it to happen again. From what I've read on XDA developers it is limited to Samsung hardware, it might be caused when the phone has zero signal, and no one really knows of a permanent fix.

I just get into a habit of rebooting my phone often because it really does drop my battery by 10% an hour when it is stuck. Oh you played a stupid game? Reboot device. Oh you finished listening to pandora? Reboot device. Oh you left it plugged into charger all night and you just woke up? Reboot phone. I am pretty sure this is windows 95 not android.