WTB - Semi Auto Shotgun

Diamonds

I got my CZ from the son of an employee of BlackWing. I was calling around all over looking for one and the dude on the phone said his son had one he was selling. They are all over Armslist but tracking down a non Knapp silver receiver is hard to do now and the Knapp version is cheesy as can be IMO.

I personally like the Beretta 390 a lot more than my CZ just because of how it fit me. I also like the feel of the 391al more than the 390 but many people will debate about which one of the two is a better shotgun when it comes to reliability. I'm a huge CZ fan so it's hard for me to say I just didn't like the 912, but I didn't.

The CZ takes some breaking in and is PICKY about what you shoot out of it at first. I'd do some reading on shotgunworld (i think) and go into the Huglu forums and read up on the CZ 912.

If I didn't have a budget I would look at the Fabarm, I also know you like HK.

If you only plan on using this gun for clays only, seriously consider an OU as well. It probably won't be worth it for you starting out but when you get into clays you have more options with the OU. Different choke tubes and different ammo in each bore. CZ does have some decently priced entry level OU.

I was told to stay away from new Rem models, they just aren't what they used to be from what I was told.

Ryan, also... Truth be told... I love the look of the silver receiver that the CZ had. I also noticed that beretta made (looks like a few years ago) a silver al391 urika 2. Do you know of any dealers locally who may have that in stock (the CZ or Beretta in silver)?

PS - Is blackwing a CZ shotgun dealer?

Edited by Diamonds

The silver cz was a limited run in 2012 so you will have to look hard online to find a used one.

Go check the used gun section at blackwing. I remember wanting a 391al they had there a while back, don't know if it sold or not.

Was the silver CZ only the tom knapp? Or did they have a non-tom-knapp silver edition?

I found that the Silver non-Tom Knapp is a Reed's exclusive.

Also, Gander MTN has a Tom Knapp that is super beat up for 450.00 after 10% off. But I passed on it. UGH.

ended up buying a Remington Spartan O/U (by Baikal). Got a scorching deal on it. ported (vented?) barrel... ejectors, silver receiver... Couldn't pass it up and I have heard that they are great "cheap OU" shotguns.

Anyone have any experience with them?

http://www.remington.com/products/archived/shotguns/over-and-under/spr310-over-and-under.aspx

Well, my original budget for buying a clay shooting shotgun was around that $700-$800 mark. I ended up buying a decent (remington Spartan) over and under shotgun and a decent semi auto shotgun so that I could shoot both and see which one I like better. Actually, Ryan…I ended up getting a CZ 912 tom knapp edition as the semi.

I'm sure that the Mossberg 930 does the job. I just have two friends they both have them and I've seen them malfunction time and time again. So, I kind of steered myself away from that gun. I'm sure it's a coincidence, but why bother? Edited by Diamonds