Cayman GT4

AudiOn19s

Nice! I am really surprised at how much the earlier models of Cayman have depreciated. It actually looks to have depreciated worse than the Boxster, but I am no expert. Did the previous Cayman only come in tiptronic with 4 lug wheels? Maybe that explains it...

Don't get me wrong, I love Porsche cars, my family has had several and were pretty active in the porsche club back in the day, I am actually really intrigued by this car, but if I really just wanted a track toy, I think I would just buy a z06 corvette.

Actually I would probably just build a factory five 818 and try to get 500 hp out of the turbo subaru boxer four (I wont deny that I have considered putting my outback H6 in one). 1800 lbs, mid engine, with 500 hp would be unreal, 400 may be plenty...

I guess it's a Porsche thing and I just wouldn't understand (or don't anymore).

Edited by hpfiend

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job !! what color and options are you getting

I went a little crazy on my options. First time "ordering" a car so I definitely built it how I want it.

Agate, pccb, navi, sport chrono, black wheels and wing risers, Lw buckets, yellow/black leather w alcantara. A few others I'm sure I'm missing.. Msrp was 109.

Nice! I am really surprised at how much the earlier models of Cayman have depreciated. It actually looks to have depreciated worse than the Boxster, but I am no expert. Did the previous Cayman only come in tiptronic with 4 lug wheels? Maybe that explains it...

Don't get me wrong, I love Porsche cars, my family has had several and were pretty active in the porsche club back in the day, I am actually really intrigued by this car, but if I really just wanted a track toy, I think I would just buy a z06 corvette.

Actually I would probably just build a factory five 818 and try to get 500 hp out of the turbo subaru boxer four (I wont deny that I have considered putting my outback H6 in one). 1800 lbs, mid engine, with 500 hp would be unreal, 400 may be plenty...

I guess it's a Porsche thing and I just wouldn't understand (or don't anymore).

The older caymans arent as attractive as the newer 981 models. Porsche has always limited the cayman until this model. I think, like its GT brothers, it will hold its value quite well. No clue about manual/auto nor 4 lugs.

I've got a factory five daytona with 430 hp that's fun on the track but really beats you up when driving. A Z06 is a tremendous value for sure but I can't find myself wanting one... They are just blah when I see a vette.

A Porsche GT car just has a different feel for me.

• 2 weeks later...