Hobbies!!!

QueenBee

I've got a boat on Cumberland year round...Where do you stay?

We have a lot kind of between Somerset and Jamestown..We keep the boat there and camp. My parents built a loft but I prefer camping. We have a private dock too so thats definitely nice

We have a lot kind of between Somerset and Jamestown..We keep the boat there and camp. My parents built a loft but I prefer camping. We have a private dock too so thats definitely nice

Ah got ya, I don't make it down that far to often. We're at Grider. We usually make a run up to State for the fireworks, but other than that stay close to Grider...

Kinda sucks that the water level dropped and the falls are no more. Sounds the new spot isn't real exciting to much either...

That race should be interesting...I'm curious to see how it goes. Especially after the fatality last year during the poker run. I bet safety will be much higher this year.

it was a fluke accident from what i remember..nose of the guys catt caught wind and looped her:(

not really..you cant tell your normal joe boater to stay off the lake for the day since its state owned. maybe you know exact details that the general spectators dont know about.. sure it was busy but it always is. boat excedding 150 mph, with others very close by. nature of the beast

not really..you cant tell your normal joe boater to stay off the lake for the day since its state owned. maybe you know exact details that the general spectators dont know about.. sure it was busy but it always is. boat excedding 150 mph, with others very close by. nature of the beast

It certainly wasn't a specators fault and I certainly wouldn't expect them to stay off the lake.

The issue with that wreck was mostly the driver. He was trying to go way to fast in a way to congested area with way to many spectating boats near by. A combination of wind and other boats he was racing against caused the accident. He just plain crossed the wake of the slower boat ahead of him wrong and dipped the left hull. then then wind caught the boat and threw it pretty violently against the water...It was a pretty rough crash...