BattleBots returns

ImUrOBGYN

I think you posted something from your youtube fantasy street racer collection by mistake.

Holy shit some of those...the one with the gas motor :megusta:

All the modern electronics, batteries, motors, etc. that you see in drones and such nowadays is going to make this stuff stupid destructive

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda disappointed in how little the tech has evolved since the old show, but I'm guessing that has more to do with the organizers than the teams. ICEwave seems killer, and I'm curious about how good that 'MURICA spinner will do.

Also, not surprised to see the show has a solid 30 minutes of fluff. Thankfully the 4 fights are on YouTube and that's all I watched. Lol.

Kinda disappointed in how little the tech has evolved since the old show, but I'm guessing that has more to do with the organizers than the teams. ICEwave seems killer, and I'm curious about how good that 'MURICA spinner will do.

Also, not surprised to see the show has a solid 30 minutes of fluff. Thankfully the 4 fights are on YouTube and that's all I watched. Lol.

No kidding. Way too much 'fluff'. I don't mind having a bit of insight into the teams and robots, but enuf with the rest of the shit. It takes 10min just to start a goddamn battle.

I also expected something a bit newer as far as bot tech goes. It's early, however so I'm still hoping for some truly interesting bots.

No kidding. Way too much 'fluff'. I don't mind having a bit of insight into the teams and robots, but enuf with the rest of the shit. It takes 10min just to start a goddamn battle.

I also expected something a bit newer as far as bot tech goes. It's early, however so I'm still hoping for some truly interesting bots.

I dvr it so i skipped all the blah blah but i was fully entertained with the fights and it brought back memories from a long time ago

I dvr it so i skipped all the blah blah but i was fully entertained with the fights and it brought back memories from a long time ago

Yeah, I still enjoyed it. I've actually attended one before when I lived in Vegas. I've always thought it would be cool to come up with my own bot, but who doesn't? lol

CR should come up with a group entry. With input from NASA.

Will destroy all! Will be faster, stronger, bigger and badder than all the competition!

...Is what will be promised. What will show up is a Roomba with a Dremel duct taped to it.

I'd be pissed if I was on the Complete Control team. First they get nailed for using a net, which apparently wasn't illegal. Then their bot gets its steering fucked right out of the gate by a shittily-built arena. Perhaps BattleBots should have put some more effort into reviewing the rules and building a solid arena to fight on, rather than all the flashy lights and stupid robot voices.

I'd be pissed if I was on the Complete Control team. First they get nailed for using a net, which apparently wasn't illegal. Then their bot gets its steering fucked right out of the gate by a shittily-built arena. Perhaps BattleBots should have put some more effort into reviewing the rules and building a solid arena to fight on, rather than all the flashy lights and stupid robot voices.

Yeah. I thought they did well in that 2nd fight, plus should of retained some credit for "winning" the first. Plus, flames.

And then the teams that sucked got the wild car, instead of ones who put up a good fight.

I don't know WTF I just watched. "I wouldn't want to win that way." What is that bullshit? The rulebook is the rulebook, you either allow entanglement or you don't, don't start with this holier than though bullshit. Erg.

The show's creator did a reddit AMA a couple weeks ago, I think he said there was something like 6 weeks between ABC giving him the greenlight and the first taping, so he put a call out to all the old competitors to dust off their bots. It seems the rulebook was rushed too.

Last night was the first episode I was able to watch, I forgot to set my DVR last week. A few things I took away were whoever Lockjaw fought (Overhaul maybe?) is a bunch of cry asses. Lockjaw flipped them on their lid and into the screws, then after the time ran out he gave them a little bump and they flipped out over that "late hit", it made zero difference. I liked Witch Doctor, didn't realize you could use multiple robots as a team, and that little flamethrower looked like it would've won by itself. Last thought of the night, Tombstone is a bad bitch.

Last night was the first episode I was able to watch, I forgot to set my DVR last week. A few things I took away were whoever Lockjaw fought (Overhaul maybe?) is a bunch of cry asses. Lockjaw flipped them on their lid and into the screws, then after the time ran out he gave them a little bump and they flipped out over that "late hit", it made zero difference. I liked Witch Doctor, didn't realize you could use multiple robots as a team, and that little flamethrower looked like it would've won by itself. Last thought of the night, Tombstone is a bad bitch.

Haha those MIT kids? Refused to shake his hand after the match. Bunch of pussies.

For sure. I enjoyed watching him decimate his opponent.

This is what really needs to have a show

Watched that vid last night and accompanying one showcasing the Japanese robot. It would be far better than that tripe they tried to show a couple seasons ago, Robot Combat League.

Other robot's vid: