Computer peeps step on in...

Got-Boost?

What games are you interested in playing? most casual games do not require a super strong GPU or CPU, so make sure you do not overspend on something that is unnecessary. For example, if you were only going to play Minecraft and League of Legends then that system would not need crazy hardware to run but if you want to run something like Battlefield or Shadow of Mordor then you will need a little extra grunt in the system to keep your FPS at ~60.

Battlefield for now and maybe more down the road.

I guess, my thoughts are also to build something better than what I need thinking programs and games are coming that will need/want a better system to operate later?

It's like anything else really....do we all need a 600 or 1000hp car...well not really but it's fun to build and play with! :D

Battlefield for now and maybe more down the road.

I guess, my thoughts are also to build something better than what I need thinking programs and games are coming that will need/want a better system to operate later?

It's like anything else really....do we all need a 600 or 1000hp car...well not really but it's fun to build and play with! :D

When building a PC for future games, there is a lot that can be looked into for initial value. $500 can build a decent system, but you can make a pretty giant leap if you spend $700, but not so much of a leap at $900.

If you don't need an i7, you don't need an octacore AMD.

Did you actually look at the link I posted? It's a guy selling off his FX8350 based system. OP could probably get him down to around $200 for Mobo, CPU, and RAM. That's not bad at all.

Edit: and if OP is looking at future games, vram seems to be the direction to look. Textures and resolutions are getting bigger and bigger. 2GB used the be the standard amount of vram, but that's doubled recently to 4gb. If OP has decided he wants to game, I'd look into an R9 280x 3GB card at a minimum.

Did you actually look at the link I posted? It's a guy selling off his FX8350 based system. OP could probably get him down to around $200 for Mobo, CPU, and RAM. That's not bad at all.

Edit: and if OP is looking at future games, vram seems to be the direction to look. Textures and resolutions are getting bigger and bigger. 2GB used the be the standard amount of vram, but that's doubled recently to 4gb. If OP has decided he wants to game, I'd look into an R9 280x 3GB card at a minimum.

Damn....back to reading again... :D