Northern Ohio/Michigan destination for camping/fishing/boating with kids

hpfiend

Hey all-

I am trying to locate a nice campground to take the family (kids 5,3,5 months) that is less than 5 hours away.

Ideally it would have good fishing (IE bluegill or other fish that small kids can catch and not lose interest), boat rentals, camping with tents and cabins, and beautiful scenery for hiking. If it had the option of expanding into hunting that would be even better as the kids age.

Obviously the upper peninsula michigan would fit the bill but I am not sure we could even make it to the bridge before the kids have a fit.

I thought about lake erie/putin bay but have heard its not what it used to be and mainly for singles and partying.

Maybe something near lake michigan?

I thought about joining an outdoors forum in ohio as well- does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Geneva on the lake in Ashtabula.. My favorite vacation spot in Ohio and it's great for families.

I agree, we did this a few years ago when my kids where younger. There is a state park there and that offered camping and had a lodge for the non campers.