Fridge repair? I think it's compressor...

bucd

Hello all,

So i come home last week to a puddle of water under the fridge.

So i made the mistake of in depth troubleshooting. Sounded alot like what my last one did, so replaced the thermostat. No go. So now i go to trouble shoot it a bit more.

Fan is kicking in, i can feel air flow on freezer side, but not fridge side or should i say barely any airflow. So i hear a click every so ofter in the back.

I did research and it seems to point to the starter relay that's hooked up to the side of the compressor. So got one, replaced and still same thing.

So that's where i'm at. This fridge is only 3 years old. I would like to try and fix it. Anyone here have experience with compressor replacement and if it's even worth doing? If this is what it is. I already spend $80 on the last two parts thinking it was it.

I bought this thing at sears outlet (new scratch and dent) for about $800. It's a whirlpool double door stainless steel model.

Anyone out there can help? If not, anyone know of any good deals going on a fridge? I'd hate to buy a new one but it must be done.

Would like to get a french door style one this time around and keep with stainless steel front.

thank you in advance,

-D

Its hard to tell what is bad online,the compressor would be the last thing to replace because of cost,is there another switch up line?

Google your problem/model online and there is probably a thread or even video of a pro fix that will point to the part you need to replace.

Its hard to tell what is bad online,the compressor would be the last thing to replace because of cost,is there another switch up line?

Google your problem/model online and there is probably a thread or even video of a pro fix that will point to the part you need to replace.

Yeah..i googled it and nothing for my specific model but they all seem to point to that same thing. Replace the cheap stuff first. So that's what i did. There's a starter relay and a capacitor attached to it. I tested the cap and it was good, the starter relay i just bought a new one and replaced it and no go.

thanks for the feedback.

-D

I have a brand new compressor in my basement, NIB I'd sell if it fits your model. Never opened

Do you do installs as well? :)

Fridge is a Whirlpool model ED5FHAXVY03

If it fits, i may consider it, but will need someone to install. Not sure what else is needed, probably freon and new dryer?

-D

Do you do installs as well? :)

Fridge is a Whirlpool model ED5FHAXVY03

If it fits, i may consider it, but will need someone to install. Not sure what else is needed, probably freon and new dryer?

-D

No, I don't do installs. I had a fridge that needed the compressor replaced, got one and then decided to get a whole new setup. Never got around to doing anything with the compressor. I started to put on eBay like 8 months ago, but too lazy to deal with it.