Switching coolant?

Putty

I can't believe nobody has even mentioned combustion temp! U have a big ass engine burning 91 octane, making the combustion temp extremely hot, therfore making the entire bike hot! In my CR 125 I have 185 pounds of compression on a bike that comes stock w 115..we have to run 114 octane because it burns almost 100 degrees cooler. Were talkn about a dirtbike ppl, not a racebike. 8 degrees is great from WW, but internaly lowering the temp almost 80-100 is much better.

Hahaha.....you learn everyday till your day ends.....great find....never came across, rep points for street pilot.......just a small experimental advice.....;)

Check the pH of the propylene glycol based coolants after a year if they are over 7.0 they are good as they say. If it's below that......they are shit and eat your engine up........:lol:

Sierra is the same company as Peak, good stuff. You're more likely to have corrosion introduced by adding tap water, rain, remaining water flush, etc. than a breakdown of the product if you are keeping regular maintenance intervals.

The only over-priced coolant I would consider is a non-aqueous propyleneglycol (http://www.evanscooling.com/main27.htm) but I've never had the need. Just keep in mind that Engine Ice (homeade or not) is mixed with de-ionized water, so if it is boiling over you may need to move to a pure coolant.

I run distilled + wetter all summer ( with excellent cooling performance) , but I drain my cooling systen in the fall, so I can yank my radiator, soak it in simple green and get the 2/3 pound of rehydrated bug carcasses out of it. It makes a difference come next summer. Removing the radiator also facilitates checking the tourque on the exhaust header fasteners.