f1 qualifying

bdhill

Good qualifying. I'm a little miffed that Mercedes is still so dominant. I was hoping that the other teams and engine manufacturers would have closed the gap.

That said, most improved has got to be Ferrari. I'm very impressed with their placement after last year's disaster. Vettel is fast when he's got a car he likes under him. But Kimi is right behind him, and that shows just how much the car has improved.

Williams is looking very good too. They're going to be fighting with Ferrari all season, I'm sure.

Redbull is still running those Renault anchors. It sucks, but they really don't have another option. Mercedes damn sure won't sell them engines, Ferrari won't unless they think they can beat RBR, and Honda will be a step backwards. I really like the team, and I've got a bit of a geek-on for Adrian Newey, but Renault has always been underpowered and RBR is constantly having to compensate. Ricardo is a great driver and I hope he can find some success this year.

McLaren.... yeah... Gone are the days of McLaren/Honda being a dominant force. Maybe those days will come again, maybe not. But Honda really dropped the ball, and McLaren has to pay the price unfortunately.

Poor Alonso. Another year stuck in an noncompetitive car. Last year he showed that he was one of the best, if not THE best, driver out there. But with the way McLaren is looking, I don't think he'll even do as well as last year. He really needs a car that suits him. I think if that happens, he'd take bites out of Mercedes. But not this year.

Going into this, I wasn't sure if I was going to be a RBR fan or a Vettel fan. After watching qualifying, I think I'm more of a Vettel fan. Which works out, because the girlfriend is a Kimi fan. So I guess we're Tifosi this year. :D

Kimi is a beast...Clearly the Honda package is not ready for racing. Shocked at the Mercedes dominance again..,Vettel seems to think they have a reliability advantage. Hoping Bottas can get some big points this year. He is the new Kimi. Hope Ricciardo can get competitive as well...he is like Alonso and Vettel pushes super hard when race starts. Can't wait.