Anyone ever pulled over with Historical Tags?

coltboostin

Sarcasm?

Do you live under a rock?

http://jalopnik.com/5980525/the-ten-worst-traffic-cops-in-the-us

Anytime I drive up to Ohio from NC, I won't see a cop till I hit Ohio and will see multiples of them running radar the whole way through. HATED living in Cleveland, everyone goes so slow everywhere because cops are always sitting. I haven't seen a cop sitting on the highway in three years of living in NC.......

Nah, it's just that I used to live in Virginia.

Living in Columbus, I don't get out to the edges of the state very often (where I presume it's worse).

Some of the stuff I've done here to earn a 2point violation... would be jail time in other states... :ninja:

I don't know about getting out of a ticket if you've earned it for other reasons. But we've had historical/antique plates on our 1979 Beetle (currently in Florida) for quite a while and we've never had a problem.

Granted though, the Beetle puts a smile on most faces.

Also, I don't know what experiences others have had. But most of the patrol officers I've met in Columbus seem like good guys. My less optimal traffic-related experiences have all been outside of the downtown in the peripheral communities (U.A., Worthington, etc.).

To close this out-I ended up going with historical tags.

Pros' COST- $25 once, and I mean once, for the next 30 or whatever years. If you compare that to the average $50 renewal, that's $1500 saved (if I keep it for 30 years) LOL

Insurance was much cheaper for the same level of liabilities. I had a candid conversation with my agent and he said he had a few claims on cars that were "outside of use" for the policy and they were all paid. The level of "proof" is almost non existent because you can say you are going to a show in California, and was on your way there.

Save me a few bucks, I am all about it. I also still think this lowers my police interaction factor.

Case closed.