EPA and Barbecue

wagner

This is the first non-fox news article I found on this, anybody else have info on it?

Seems like a pretty big waste of tax payer money to study something like this, considering how small a percentage barbecue adds to environmental issues. But, when the .gov wants to tell you what, when, and where you can do with your body anything is possible...

http://www.wsiltv.com/news/local/Research-Could-Change-the-Way-We-Barbecue-296944351.html

It looks like the purpose is to look into the creation of a method that reduces flare ups of grease? I've had grease catch fire in my grill. I wouldn't mind seeing if they can find a way to fix it. I don't see anything in the EPA link about regulations or changes to laws, only that a university is doing a study. I don't see the problem.

It looks like the purpose is to look into the creation of a method that reduces flare ups of grease? I've had grease catch fire in my grill. I wouldn't mind seeing if they can find a way to fix it. I don't see anything in the EPA link about regulations or changes to laws, only that a university is doing a study. I don't see the problem.

Why is the EPA having the study done if it does not have something to do with an environmental issue? I thought their job was to protect the environment and force regulations on things that concern that?

One would think the EPA could spend tax money on things within their area and not grease fires on consumer goods.

Its just your tax dollhairs at work :)

It's hard to be outraged over $15,000 slated for a study to train an engineering group at a college. If you want to complain about your tax dollars at work, complain about any number of privatized companies contracted by the government who can bill wahtever they choose. Since it's government money going to private firms, the term that is most commonly used is "welfare for the rich".

It's hard to be outraged over $15,000 slated for a study to train an engineering group at a college. If you want to complain about your tax dollars at work, complain about any number of privatized companies contracted by the government who can bill wahtever they choose. Since it's government money going to private firms, the term that is most commonly used is "welfare for the rich".

You're right.

like the $125m price tag on buckeye lake to push some dirt around with a few dozers? :dumb:

Also, what sort of cretin uses propane to bbq?

Shhhh...don't let the EPA know about charcoal.

http://demenglog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/homemade-charcoal-grill-smokersmoke-yourself-silly-with-homemade-smoked-foods-and-a-diy-smoker-oxtqn4ge.jpg