1911 the bane of my existence

Mace1647545504

Ok..I love the style and feel of 1911s. I have an r1 and for the heck of it bought a RI 9mm.

I bought the RI as it has very good reviews and being a 9 will keep the cost of shooting down.

So I take the RI apart as I do every gun before I take it out just to look around see how it looks inside.

Well I put it back together but can not for the life of me get the pin back into the F'ing gun.

Well go to youtube and it states to put it together upside down so the barrel link will not move..it does but I can get it re centered. I can get the slide stop to match up and the slide stop in then move the slide back but can not for the life of me get the dam slide pin to go back in all the way.

I know better than to force it and the guy on the video make it look so gd easy.

Any ideas??

Thanks

mace

Take the spring out, and there will not be tension on the Slide. Then, you can see how things are lining up. You can even use a small pick to move the Link into place.

You can then put the Spring and Barrel Bushing into place afterwards.

KillJoy

Did that and everything looks like its lining up...with the pin in the barrel isn't sliding, so I know I have the pin in the link.

Sooo I used a really small screw driver to push the pin back on the..I don't know what its called but it's between the pin and the safety. Once i did that and of course lined up the notch it slipped right in.

Got the spring in and the bushing back around. Everything is working as it should.

Kill...thank you again

mace

Did that and everything looks like its lining up...with the pin in the barrel isn't sliding, so I know I have the pin in the link.

Sooo I used a really small screw driver to push the pin back on the..I don't know what its called but it's between the pin and the safety. Once i did that and of course lined up the notch it slipped right in.

Got the spring in and the bushing back around. Everything is working as it should.

Kill...thank you again

mace

That's the slide stop plunger and the thumb safety plunger. I found it helps to put the thumb safety slightly up to where it isn't putting as much force on the plunger. On new guns that plunger spring is going to be tight for a while.

Use a credit card to push in the slide stop plunger while inserting the pin. Less chance of scratching your gun.

Once you disassemble your 1911 a few times it becomes really easy. The barrel bushing tool really helps get the spring and bushing back in if you don't have one.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/212051/wilson-combat-barrel-bushing-wrench-1911-government-commander-officer-polymer-blue?cm_vc=ProductFinding