Starter question

bucd

So yesterday my 03 Protégé 5 decides to not start. Just a click. Battery is only a couple months old. I tested it anyways and it was good. All connectors from battery looks good, no corrosion and tight. The click was coming from passenger side under the glove box (relay?). Now after 5 or 6 tries. It finally starts. And it's started every time since then (~10 more times).

So is this sign of starter going bad? Would like to get this fixed now before it happens again, don't want to be stranded with two little ones in the back.

thanks in advance,

-D

Yes that is a sign the starter is going bad. Sometimes if it only clicks you can smack it with a hammer and it will start (if you are stranded)

Rocky hit it on the money. Keep a hammer in the car until you get it fixed (aka when it needs hit enough to where you want to pay money lol)

Thanks guys.

That helps. The starter on this car is down in the back of the engine. Not sure i would be able to hit it with a hammer if i was stranded. Haha.

-D

Thanks guys.

That helps. The starter on this car is down in the back of the engine. Not sure i would be able to hit it with a hammer if i was stranded. Haha.

-D

Hammer + Pipe extension.