Craft Beer Bar in Grove City

FatHemiDude

Place is called Hopyard 62. I stopped in for the first time yesterday and had a couple of beers talking with the co-owner Greg, who seems like a really nice guy who knows his beer.

Place has 21 taps in frequent rotation, with a focus on Ohio beers. Good selection of styles. The owner of Grandpop's Hops was giving a talk on his efforts to revive the hop growing agricultural base of Ohio.

They have some patio seating out front, but it was too damn hot to sip Pilsner while observing my fellow talking monkeys.

If you're local and enjoy good beer, it's worth stopping in. http://www.hopyard62.com

• 4 weeks later...

Legit question, do they clean their tap lines as they rotate? I've found this to be a common problem for restaurants that constantly rotate beers, they don't properly clean the lines and shit gets naaaaasty.

For instance I know 101 Beer Kitchen cleans their shit, there's been a few times I couldn't get what I wanted cuz they were cleaning.

Legit question, do they clean their tap lines as they rotate? I've found this to be a common problem for restaurants that constantly rotate beers, they don't properly clean the lines and shit gets naaaaasty.

For instance I know 101 Beer Kitchen cleans their shit, there's been a few times I couldn't get what I wanted cuz they were cleaning.

That's like every nasty Lakewood bar in the Cleveland area.

Most places I know of clean 2x a month.

I'll ask that question next time I'm in. They're getting some Grapefruit Sculpin in, and I want to try that. Been a Sculpin fan for years.

I'll ask that question next time I'm in. They're getting some Grapefruit Sculpin in, and I want to try that. Been a Sculpin fan for years.

That's a perfect example.

There was a place in Boston I loved, they had 120 taps and 99% of the time I'd just get the Sam Adams. Never had an issue because they never changed that tap.

One time, though, I got a Sam Summer and they'd just had I think the Blackberry Witbier on tap. That Sam Summer tasted like nasty blackberry funk. Ever since then I've been super careful about what beers I order from where. Wouldn't want to order an imperial stout from an uncleaned tap that'd just had Grapefruit Sculpin in it

Per the owner this afternoon over a Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat, all lines are cleaned by an outside company every 14 days.

They had bottles of Grapefruit Sculpin, keg wasn't cold yet.

Good for them for actually following the Food Code Standard. I can promise you not every place is doing this.

Tom

Grapefruit Sculpin is good, not great, in my honest opinion.

Still hard to beat the normal Sculpin

Didn't get to try the Grapefruit as I'm waiting to have it on tap. Couple of people had it from a bottle, and lofty liquid accolades were heaped by all. It takes a village.

Per the owner this afternoon over a Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat, all lines are cleaned by an outside company every 14 days.

They had bottles of Grapefruit Sculpin, keg wasn't cold yet.

That's awesome. Now I want to drive halfway across town to patronize a good business