Things to do along the PCH

El Karacho1647545492

So my gf and I are flying to CA for a friend's wedding in a couple weeks. The wedding is in Anaheim but we're flying to the Bay Area to stay with family a couple days, then we're taking another couple days to drive down the Pacific Coast Highway and take part in what is arguably America's most beautiful road trip. We're gonna stay overnight somewhere between SF/LA (not sure where yet) so we don't rush the entire drive.

Just looking for a few suggestions of things to do/places to see along the way. There's a billion overlooks/beaches etc that we can check out, so I'm looking for any specific gems we should look for. A friend of mine suggested a short hike up the Limekiln trail, for instance, since it's a short hike and not an all-day thing that would be good to stretch our legs and break up the drive.

Have any of you done the drive before and, if so, are there any suggestions of places to stay overnight? I think Santa Barbara is too far down the coast for the initial stop, maybe something farther north like Pismo beach/San Luis Obispo or San Simeon so we could potentially see Hearst Castle.

1. Eat at Gott's http://gotts.com/ Best burger I've ever had. I still dream about it.

When I did it we flew into San Fran and mostly went north and into the red woods and then over into wine country. We didn't go past Monterey when we went south.

There's Big Basin Redwoods State Park along the way.

1. Eat at Gott's http://gotts.com/ Best burger I've ever had. I still dream about it.

When I did it we flew into San Fran and mostly went north and into the red woods and then over into wine country. We didn't go past Monterey when we went south.

There's Big Basin Redwoods State Park along the way.

I've heard Monterey is pretty great especially the aquarium.

You're the 3rd or 4th person to talk about burgers in CA. Obviously I gotta get my In n Out fix while I'm there but 2 other people have specifically told me I'd be disappointed by the seafood for the most part (we're all from the east coast) but that I would not be disappointed if all I ate was burgers at a variety of good places.

I'll definitely add Gott's to the "places we can stop" list

If you are in the SF area, I highly recommend a walk through Muir Woods. It is right up PCH and beautiful. Wife and I did it for our wedding anniversary in 2009 - borrowed an electraglide and rode up PCH for a day wandering around the redwoods. Then we hit stinson beach because we wanted to see real dead head style hippies and then headed back to SF. It was wonderful.

Step 1: Get a motorbike.

Gonna borrow my uncle's BMW the first couple days we're there :fuckyeah:

If you are in the SF area, I highly recommend a walk through Muir Woods. It is right up PCH and beautiful. Wife and I did it for our wedding anniversary in 2009 - borrowed an electraglide and rode up PCH for a day wandering around the redwoods. Then we hit stinson beach because we wanted to see real dead head style hippies and then headed back to SF. It was wonderful.

Awesome! thanks, we're definitely trying to figure out something to do with our first day there other than have a cookout, this sounds perfect.

My uncle lives in Berkeley, that's where we'll be for the first 2 nights, then down to LA.