decisions on vehicles.

ecc_33

So I have a 1986 k10 pickup with a sbc and 4 speed. Also have a 2002 duramax with a shit ton of money invested in the damn thing. The 86 is really clean but is kind of my beater truck. The duramax runs mid 11's and could use a fresh trans with a higher stall converter and billet shafts. Freshening up the trans is going to cost around 6k. I have been looking at 78-81 G body Malibu's for a hot street/race car. I could potentially buy a really nice G body for 6-8k. Do I keep the duramax and freshen up the trans? Or sell both trucks. Buy a nice crew cab 1500 GM truck and buy a G body? Whats nice about both trucks is that there still very streetable. I can still tow heavy stuff with the duramax. That's the only down fall I really see going to a car. Ah man I can't make up my mind. Edited by ecc_33

How easy do you think it will be to sell the duramax? I for see only a specific person lookibg for that truck how modded it is then you have to sell through a potential bad transmission as well. I think your best bet would be to fix the trans then try and sell it if you still wanted after that

How easy do you think it will be to sell the duramax? I for see only a specific person lookibg for that truck how modded it is then you have to sell through a potential bad transmission as well. I think your best bet would be to fix the trans then try and sell it if you still wanted after that

I bet Spires would kick your ass if you sold the dirtymax.

Trans holds fine. It really needs a higher stall converter to get full potential out of the new turbo. And if I go with a higher stall then I would need billet shafts and would put new clutches in since I would be right there. Yea, Spires prob would be pissed lol. The duramax is a 2002 and has 52,---- miles. Its never seen salt and is really clean. I could sell it fairly easy but would take a huge hit.

86 Sbc. comp 268 cam. performer intake. 650 cfm carb. double roller timing chain. Headers. Dual exhaust with jegs knock off 40 series mufflers. 3.42 gears. Sm 465 one ton 4 speed with np 205 transfer case. 33 inch mickey Thompson Baja claws that are brand new on 15x10 steel wheels. All flat black except tail gate because I ruined the old one so its white.

86 Sbc. comp 268 cam. performer intake. 650 cfm carb. double roller timing chain. Headers. Dual exhaust with jegs knock off 40 series mufflers. 3.42 gears. Sm 465 one ton 4 speed with np 205 transfer case. 33 inch mickey Thompson Baja claws that are brand new on 15x10 steel wheels. All flat black except tail gate because I ruined the old one so its white.

Very nice :thumbup:

I would definitely keep it if I were you, but if you do decide to get rid of it, I'm sure I'll be interested.

It sounds like your kind of fighting yourself on what you want the Duramax to be. You want to use it to tow and haul stuff around but how practical will it be to do that if you do the trans work to it with a higher stall converter? You can make a beast out of the G body and there is no shortage of parts out there for it. No to mention it will probably be cheaper to get parts for.

G body will be WAY cheaper and easier to work on! when I say stall it will just be a 2600 rpm converter. I will never make the duramax non streetable or not be able to tow with it. I drive the duramax maybe 300 miles a year. I drive the 86 prob 2,000 miles a year because its in my garage. My duramax is a few miles down the road in a shop.http://http//s1359.photobucket.com/user/ecc_33/media/resized2_zps9a67375a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

G body will be WAY cheaper and easier to work on! when I say stall it will just be a 2600 rpm converter. I will never make the duramax non streetable or not be able to tow with it. I drive the duramax maybe 300 miles a year. I drive the 86 prob 2,000 miles a year because its in my garage. My duramax is a few miles down the road in a shop.http://http//s1359.photobucket.com/user/ecc_33/media/resized2_zps9a67375a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

Why don't up drive the dirtmax more? 300 miles a year?.

Why don't up drive the dirtmax more? 300 miles a year?.

How much is the duramax worth as it sits to the right buyer?

I have to get into my 86 and drive down the road to get it out of a block barn. If I climb into my 86 I just go do what I got to do to get home. I am a heavy equipment mechanic and drive a service truck everyday so there is no need for a daily driver. Prob around 25k fairly easy.

Oh ok. Sounds like that Duramax flys

It runs consistent high 11.60's with a stupid soft 1.85ish 60ft time. If I could leave the line hard and take the all terrains off and bolt on some good tires it should be stupid. Keep in mind the truck weighs 7300 lbs race trim. I can do john force style burnouts on the road rolling at 70 mph. Its a fun truck for sure.

It runs consistent high 11.60's with a stupid soft 1.85ish 60ft time. If I could leave the line hard and take the all terrains off and bolt on some good tires it should be stupid. Keep in mind the truck weighs 7300 lbs race trim. I can do john force style burnouts on the road rolling at 70 mph. Its a fun truck for sure.

Need to buy spires race car, he's had it out 2 times in 3 years. Told him I was racing it this year and he still hasn't got it out.

Keep the dirty!

• 3 weeks later...
Well pulled the trigger on a Malibu today. Pics coming soon as soon as the stuff uploads on my puter. Some will recognize the car. Bought it on the south side from a guy named Shawn. Said hes a member here.

link to photo bucket. http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/ecc_33/library/?sort=3&page=1

Sorry guys . wish I was smart enough to post a direct link to the page.

Ps the way to do that, when you click on a pic in photobucket on the right it says "share links" and gives you a few options, one says ughh IMG thats IMAGE :lol: Copy said link. Post in the reply area.