PC Gamepad

jerrodh

I've never used a gamepad since like the early 2000's with my PC. Played mostly MMO/strategy/RTS game so keyboard and mouse was preferred. I am actually getting into playing some remakes and retro games on my PC and keyboard/mouse doesn't cut it.

So any recommendations on a gamepad for usage with PC. I have a lot of classic games on my Steam account and would like to play them on the controller. Also scoping out Fallout 4 for this year. Whats a good gamepad to play games like this, also is it a plug and play thing or do they need programmed, hows that work?

Would I be good with just an xbox360 controller thats got the USP or is there a better alternative? I don't mind spending up to $40-$60 if it's worth it.

The 360 or Xbox One controllers are the standard PC controller. There is a 360 wireless adapter available if you want that, and there is a wireless Xbox One adapter on the way as well, but you can use both as they are plugged in to the computer.

+1 for wired 360 controller. I believe the driver installs itself so its pretty much plug and play.

I bought a USB d-pad controller at Goodwill one day for a buck. works perfect for the old NES, SNES, and SEGA emulators. I see them there almost every time i go.

Played mostly MMO/strategy/RTS game so keyboard and mouse was preferred. I am actually getting into playing some remakes and retro games on my PC and keyboard/mouse doesn't cut it.

So any recommendations on a gamepad for usage with PC. I have a lot of classic games on my Steam account and would like to play them on the controller.

Bolded for your benefit.

I'v used this for years in MMO and Starcraft. Find one on eBay they go cheep.

Windows 7 Drivers = http://wordpress.nicolaswinocur.com/?p=38

(Video detailing the opposite of OP's request removed)

as has been already stated multiple times. XBOX controller.

Xbox 360 wired controller for cheapest available.

Xbox One controller for best available, and soon wireless on PC as well.

My suggestion was clearly the best... I expected something like this from an uneducated PC gamer. *piff*

My education is high enough to allow me to read, and comprehend, the OP.

Though I bow to your gaming prowess, as demonstrated by your trophy which shows a master level achievement in "Super Mario Mushroom". No doubt you'd never have been able to obtain such a wondrous status without the use of the aforementioned SideWinder Strategic Commander. The OP should definitely listen to you, despite the fact that you suggested the exact opposite of his request.

My education is high enough to allow me to read, and comprehend, the OP.

Though I bow to your gaming prowess, as demonstrated by your trophy which shows a master level achievement in "Super Mario Mushroom". No doubt you'd never have been able to obtain such a wondrous status without the use of the aforementioned SideWinder Strategic Commander. The OP should definitely listen to you, despite the fact that you suggested the exact opposite of his request.

Many of my awards and achievements can be attributed to my trusty Limited edition Microsoft SideWinder Strategic Commander, which was autographed by Bill Gates himself. My time spent in the CRcade has been rough, but my life turned around once I was able to integrate the Limited edition Microsoft SideWinder Strategic Commander I saw my scores go through the roof. The OP should still listen to me, because I have a trophy next to my name and you don't which makes me real hardcore PC gamer. my suggestion is clearly the best one.