Social Media - Cars and Coffee...or, "I'm feeling really old"

zeitgeist57

ITT Old People...

But seriously, I am going to take a very mature approach to this topic.

YES! I think that it is unnecessary to take a few pictures of exotic cars on your shitty smartphone and slap them up on social media so some 13 year old kid and spank his meat to them and give you "likes" and "follows". I talk a serious effort to avoid people like that on social media because I personally feel like it devalues the car and the point of taking an image anyways. "Oh look, an Instagram account with 28,000 pictures of Lamborghini" *Yawn*... If you look at Wager's stuff he takes them time to tell you a story with his photography and really attempts to bring out the best in every shot he takes. I appreciate this a lot from an artistic point of view.

There is a VERY fine line between a Facebook account which has a bunch of shitty cellphone images and a true professional's portfolio of images. Nothing will ever change this

However, I do want to throw out one point just to play devil's advocate. Social media is EXPLODING whether you like it or not and many companies recognize this and take advantage of using things like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Many young people out there get interested in things or a topic based of social media because everyone of them has a smartphone and can use the platform. Because of this, many young people try to get followers based of their likes which can look tacky and down right stupid at times, but its just another way to meet link-minded people (I.E. Digital CC&C). I will say that NOTHING and I MEAN NOTHING beats meeting people in person or actually working on a car in person, but social media can be a very powerful platform when used correctly. Technically speaking... CR is a type of social media and we use it everyday.

Though, I agree with Clay that sometimes... teens take things a little too far.

The columbuscarsandcofee.com folks have their private events they sell tickets to attend. That is their right, this past weekend was partnered with Byers and I'm pretty sure Paul was told it was open to everyone if it was gonna be at Byers. I got an e-mail from Byers inviting me.