WTF is with Truck Prices?!?

Rhett

So I saw one of these the other day on 270 and was baffled by it but it might be a good option:

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/646346361/overview/

Since Suzuki went tits up, the resale on these things are generally in the toilet. Not that it was all that great to begin with but I think the idea of owning a vehicle by an obsolete mfg scares people. Here is the thing though - they are literally re-badged Nissan frontiers. I mean even the interior pattern is the same, the only thing different are the body panels. Supposedly they can be serviced at Nissan dealerships - they are built in the same Tennessee factory as the Frontier, and all the important stuff is Nissan. They seem to be trading a few thousand dollars less than a comparable year Frontier with more mileage so....might be worth checking out?

question is, what's the mileage and engine? I'm assuming a ridic high miles v10? :barf:

Nah. 200k. In my 4 years of ownership, the only non wear times the truck has needed is a starter LOL. I've put tires on it, many oil changes, and enjoyed the stupid reliability. I like the gas for that- vs. a diesel which all the fan boys will tell you will last forever, but typically have a higher cost of ownership.

It is a 4x4 with manual T Case.

Nah. 200k. In my 4 years of ownership, the only non wear times the truck has needed is a starter LOL. I've put tires on it, many oil changes, and enjoyed the stupid reliability. I like the gas for that- vs. a diesel which all the fan boys will tell you will last forever, but typically have a higher cost of ownership.

It is a 4x4 with manual T Case.

Right there with you. 217k on my 2002 F250 4x4 gas (5.4) crew cab. Only time the truck has ever failed me was when the door sensor was stuck and a little light was on for a week. WD40 in the door & a jump and right back up. I have trusted it more than any other vehicle I have ever owned.

Right there with you. 217k on my 2002 F250 4x4 gas (5.4) crew cab. Only time the truck has ever failed me was when the door sensor was stuck and a little light was on for a week. WD40 in the door & a jump and right back up. I have trusted it more than any other vehicle I have ever owned.

Yup. Only, and I mean only reason I'd sell it is the AC does not work, and I want something that is comfy for the wife and kids for long trips, and trips to the track. Its nice, but its more of a "work truck" than a DD (for me at least)

A well taken care of Tacoma with 200k miles is equal to a well taken care of Tahoe with 50k miles.

provided the infamous toyota frame rot hasn't eaten the ass out of that truck to the point where the exhaust is holding it together.

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/1576/q96p.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/panzersergeant/toybent_zps4e051b43.jpg

I have said it multiple times here but I have owned 4 Suburbans over the last 16 years and have enjoyed ridiculous reliability. Tires, brakes and oil changes for the most part. Put an A/C compressor, replaced an intake gasket, couple of power window motors - not bad for 16+ years

my buddy just bought a '14 raptor with 14k miles on it, and paid more for the truck than i paid for mine brand new.

This. Test drove at a '14 with 40k miles this weekend. They wanted 3k over original sticker. They wouldn't take 48k.

Guess ill wait for the new one.