Window Tint Metallic vs Ceramic

Yasser-Hanbali

Im going to get the windows tinted on my new STI in the up coming weeks or months, and honestly i know little about tinting other than percentage and the darker it is the better it looks. :gabe:

i have read online about metallic film having possible issues with radio and phone interference but it is the more cost effective film.

with Ceramic i have heard great things but the price varies all over the place from what i have looked at.

i want something that will last, keep the car cool and not fade to purple over time.

anyone who has experience with either film please chime in. Thank You.

Most any good metallic or ceramic tint will not turn purple. Charcoal is okay, won't change colors but lacks in the heat/UV rejection. Metallic tint has given me no problems in the past. However i had a cermaic hybrid used when I got my FiST done. Heat rejection is great, looks great, and no problems with radio signals.

This is SunTek cXP. 15% on the front doors and 5% on everything else including the front quarter windows.

http://i.imgur.com/glncq10.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bN8DeEH.jpg

This was done by Columbus Car Audio and I'm really impressed with the install.

wow that looks great. im thinking 25% on rear glass and rear doors and 35% on fronts. just because the car is dark and i have already gotten a tint ticket once. waste of 160$

Legal is 50% on the front sides.

I've had both the metallic and ceramic tints, both worked great, but I think the ceramic worked better at blocking heat.

Whatever you do, do NOT let them talk you down into dyed film. Ugh. I let one shop talk me down to that (no idea why they did that) and I regretted it afterwards. Heat blocking was minimal at best, and the tint wasn't grey, but had color.

The mid-grade stuff is ok, but I could see slight variances in the film thickness that weren't present when I got the good stuff. So get the best tint or nothing. If you have to wait a bit longer so you can afford the best stuff, then wait.

Legal is 50% on the front sides.

I've had both the metallic and ceramic tints, both worked great, but I think the ceramic worked better at blocking heat.

Whatever you do, do NOT let them talk you down into dyed film. Ugh. I let one shop talk me down to that (no idea why they did that) and I regretted it afterwards. Heat blocking was minimal at best, and the tint wasn't grey, but had color.

The mid-grade stuff is ok, but I could see slight variances in the film thickness that weren't present when I got the good stuff. So get the best tint or nothing. If you have to wait a bit longer so you can afford the best stuff, then wait.

i know the legal limit is 50% but IMO it almost a waste not to go darker 50 to me while better than nothing is not going to get the look or the protection i want.

and no way will i do a colored dye tint. i am still shopping around i have gotten some very good fair quotes from 200-400 for both materials.