Verizon Android Tethering

jeffro

Before i spend $10/month to activate verizon hotspot on my S4, are there any free options that are decent and actually work? I know at one point they put a lock down on that shit, but things change. These are business lines so root access needs to be avoided.

I used to use foxfi(one time fee of $4.99), which doesn't require root access, but has gotten sketchy recently.

No idea on my end without root. How has foxfi gotten sketchy

It wants me to connect to some VPN when i activate it then i get some message saying my network is being monitored. With confidential information on the line, cant be any of having that.

It wants me to connect to some VPN when i activate it then i get some message saying my network is being monitored. With confidential information on the line, cant be any of having that.

Agreed. I wouldn't mess with that nonsense either.

You still have a contract that doesn't allow hot spotting without paying extra? I thought Verizon stopped that years ago I've been doing it free for years on Verizon. These days data is data. I do it on an S4 and S5 right now.