Detail Gurus Chime in.

98WS6

I need some Insight and im sure it a pretty simple answer but im having trouble finding it. Since i purchased my TA the dealership threw a coat of Caranuba wax paste on the car to "shine" it up. Since then ive tried to detail my car because I'm personally unhappy with how it looks.

How can i go about removing the wax. I have read Hot water and dawn dish soap works wonders, but i have washed the car multiple times with dawn even done it up to 3 times a week and still nothing. Water will just bead right off. Some people have said just start using a cutting compound and it will remove it but it will take some time, that also has not worked either. I know there are some really good detailers in here and any info will be helpful Thank you.

50/50 isopropyl spray or a high concentration of a stripping wash like CG citrus. or maybe a light polish.

any quality wax should be relatively easy to take off. what did they use?

could be some sort of sealing product underneath. polish it off.

leave the dish soap for the kitchen.

50/50 isopropyl spray or a high concentration of a stripping wash like CG citrus. or maybe a light polish.

any quality wax should be relatively easy to take off. what did they use?

could be some sort of sealing product underneath. polish it off.

leave the dish soap for the kitchen.

I believe they used the meguiers wax. not 100% sure.

Ive tried to use a polish also. 3M perfect it machine polish is what i used. Even tried some of the JaxWax machine polish also.

Generally speaking, natural based wax is beautiful looking but not very durable at all. I'm a little shocked that you would need anything other than the alcohol mix mentioned above by Ryan to remove it. Collinite is on of the brands that comes to mind that might be the exception to the norm but it's still going to be pretty easy to remove via chemicals let along abrasives

When you say you've used polishes...you're using them with a polisher and not by hand? Not that it would make THAT much difference if the goal was just to remove wax but curious.

Is it possible that the surface actually IS bare now and you're just getting beading from surface tension from polishing or the polishing oils in the polishes you've used?

Generally speaking, natural based wax is beautiful looking but not very durable at all. I'm a little shocked that you would need anything other than the alcohol mix mentioned above by Ryan to remove it. Collinite is on of the brands that comes to mind that might be the exception to the norm but it's still going to be pretty easy to remove via chemicals let along abrasives

When you say you've used polishes...you're using them with a polisher and not by hand? Not that it would make THAT much difference if the goal was just to remove wax but curious.

Is it possible that the surface actually IS bare now and you're just getting beading from surface tension from polishing or the polishing oils in the polishes you've used?

I've used a polisher and even tried by hand. I'm going to order some of the cg citrus wash this evening. The surface could be bare but when using a buffer and some rubbing compound I'm unable to get these small scratches out that should be able to come out with a medium polish. I've tried the megiars 105 compound jax wax cutting compound and 3m perfect stage 1. I've had awesome results with all three of these on other cars but it just doesn't seem to give me any results on my TA

You are now talking about removing scratches vs. removing wax. There is no way any wax is on there after all that.

90s GM clearcoat = tank armor.

thank you guys for the help/input. Im going to order the CG Citrus was here this weekend because ive seen nothing but good reviews and wash it with that.

I was un aware of how strong the clear on GM cars was. Im going to continue to try and buff some scratches out and hope im able to clean it up without burning anything.

Thanks again