223 ammo newb

Spidey2721

you don't have to shoot very hard before they start sticking in your chamber.

Also they get a different color of funk on your fingers during loading.

Also many ranges will pitch a hissy fit if they see it.

Also specdevwarteam 9er doesn't use it, so -14 tacticool points

I have had Tula .223 get stuck in the chamber of my S&W M&P that had to be beaten out with the cleaning rod. I have also had an over pressured Tula 9mm round explode a gun in my hand.

I will note that was 1 .223 round out of over 600 shot, and Tula paid for all the ammo I had from that lot, and bought me a new gun. This was also during the ammo shortage when companies were cranking out tons of ammo and I'm sure quality control was slipping.

I know the OP's question is about Tula. I think with what Ryan and I are saying is, if you are considering Tula, it's probably for cost. Freedom Munitions takes the cost factor down and, there are mixed reviews, for me the quality is still there for target ammo. I've shot Tula. It went bang. I'm just not shooting steel ammo.

So, in my life. I will buy the occasional box of Tula to see if I can change my own mind (because of issues) and it's always the same thing. Either one (or multiple gets stuck) or its underpowered and a few FTE. It's just stuff that I dislike dealing with. I would always pay 31 cents for brass over 26 cents for steel.

So, the the OP... My advice... It's fine to use. Just don't ruin your range trip. Be sure to bring a rod to push out any stuck cases and another gun (or two) and/or some brass ammo in case it gives you too much trouble.

Havent had an issue with Tula steel case stuff. Shot over 1000 rounds of it through my 1911 and it never gave me issues right up until the slid cycled so slow it wouldnt chamber a round ( I dont clean my stuff often other than some windex down the barrel).

I will say that accuracy is not great with Tula steel case stuff but for plinking or running drills I never have had an issue with my pistols. Rifles I don't shoot my ARs often so I wouldn't know if they like steel cased stuff...... but my AKs do :masturboy:

To add, I've had issues with freedom 9mm 147gr in every new pistol I've bought. After about 1.5k rounds of another brand ammo the freedom shot fine.

Willing to be the issues is not the round, but the use. In new pistols the spring is really stiff. Normal 9mm 115gn produces 1100ish fps, relating to the push emery for the slide. The 147gn is 9xx fps. I'm guessing stove piping and FTE were most of your issue. Once the weapon is broke in, no issue. With 147gn, going to a +p might be what is needed on a new gun, if it is rated for it.

Willing to be the issues is not the round, but the use. In new pistols the spring is really stiff. Normal 9mm 115gn produces 1100ish fps, relating to the push emery for the slide. The 147gn is 9xx fps. I'm guessing stove piping and FTE were most of your issue. Once the weapon is broke in, no issue. With 147gn, going to a +p might be what is needed on a new gun, if it is rated for it.

I'd normally day this was the issue but I put Remington umc 147gr and blazer brass 147gr through it on the same day with no issues.

All rounds did sTay subsonic, maybe freedom 147gr is that much more light.