Domestic ricer's

Mojoe

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The nice thing about quadrajunks is they have small primaries with massive secondaries. As long as your foot isn't buried in it the throttle response is great and mileage isn't horrible. When those secondaries do open however it often feels like god kicked you in the ass and told you to git. I'm ok at tuning it but I bought one that had been redone by the carb shop and was on someone's NCMA FAST class car before being swapped onto my engine. It's pretty good when warm but hard to start when cold, further compounded by the fact that the float bowl weeps into the engine.

The problem is I don't really know what to replace it with. I had a Holley on it for a while and it was ok, but didn't look stock and when the timing walked that carb backfired horribly and always melted something. Tri-power has been done to death and honestly $1600 fir an original setup or $2300 for the Barry grant setup is too much to spend, might as well go EFI at that point. I thought about getting a 2x4 manifold and running two of those Webber side draft conversions just for giggles. I've been playing with the dellorto versions on one of my cb750s and the adjustability in the thing is pretty amazing.

Call Karsten at KB Carbs (in Maumee Ohio) and tell him whats going on. He'll tell you what carb to get. Probably some type of used Holley. Then send it to him and let him do his thing for $300 or so. Guy is as good as it gets. Top bracket racers run his stuff for a reason.

He did my blower carbs and it was the best money I spent.

Call Karsten at KB Carbs (in Maumee Ohio) and tell him whats going on. He'll tell you what carb to get. Probably some type of used Holley. Then send it to him and let him do his thing for $300 or so. Guy is as good as it gets. Top bracket racers run his stuff for a reason.

He did my blower carbs and it was the best money I spent.

Thanks! Will do.

• 2 weeks later...