WWCRD: Money etiquette

Forrest Gump 9

So you sitting in a waiting room waiting for your turn/table. You see an elderly person approaching the door so you stand up and open the door for him to get in, but his wife is following about ten steps behind, so you stand there and holding the door for her too. The elderman got in the room headed for your seat and sat down. He saw your some cash on the seat and proceeded to put it in his pocket. You later found out it was your cash when you pull out your phone. What would you do?

I didn't do anything and it was $50.

So you sitting in a waiting room waiting for your turn/table. You see an elderly person approaching the door so you stand up and open the door for him to get in, but his wife is following about ten steps behind, so you stand there and holding the door for her too. The elderman got in the room headed for your seat and sat down. He saw your some cash on the seat and proceeded to put it in his pocket. You later found out it was your cash when you pull out your phone. What would you do?

I didn't do anything and it was $50.

Cut your losses and move on.

Or

Let him know you lost some cash and is wondering if he is sitting on it?

Cut your losses and move on.

Or

Let him know you lost some cash and is wondering if he is sitting on it?

Yeah, I didn't find out until they've left the room.

Well I'm not a cuckold so I would've told the old timer I was sitting there earlier before I held the door and that it came out of my pocket. If he started avin a giggle then I'd hook em in da gabber m8.

I would not let an old man steal $50 from me.

The problem is he a person I looked up to and respect. Kinda like Docs to the rest of us.

The problem is he a person I looked up to and respect. Kinda like Docs to the rest of us.

Wait...you know him personally and you didn't say anything? barring some extenuating circumstance like you know he is on a fixed income and eating dog food for dinner, why wouldn't you say anything?

At this point it's too late to say anything, but seriously man....it's always better to just be friendly and mention something than it is to judge him as a thief from afar...even if he may be one.

$50 lesson learned; pay better attention to your money. Buy a money clip and move on.

I would not have said anything to the guy either. Better to stay silent and allow the old man to think he just got lucky rather than open your mouth to announce you can't competently manage your own money.

Wait...you know him personally and you didn't say anything? barring some extenuating circumstance like you know he is on a fixed income and eating dog food for dinner, why wouldn't you say anything?

At this point it's too late to say anything, but seriously man....it's always better to just be friendly and mention something than it is to judge him as a thief from afar...even if he may be one.

I don't judge him at all. I just want to know what to do the next time I'm in the same situation. And I only found out it was my money after they already left the room.

They are old and retired, but they are very well off. But knowing old people they love money. My dad doesn't use money anymore but he loves it when we give him money.

I've paid for their dinner before without letting them know, so the money doesnt bother me. It just bugged me for some reasons. I guess I held him to a higher standard?? That's why it bugged me.

The lesson here is....

USE A FUCKING WALLET

Are you twelve?

Are you a meth addict?

Did someone mug you 10 minutes earlier and someone saw and gave you 50 bucks to help you out?

^^Those would be the only acceptable reasons for having money bills in your front pant pocket.

This isn't an issue of ettequite. If you realize the money was yours, explain the situation and get your money back.

$50 lesson learned; pay better attention to your money. Buy a money clip and move on.

I would not have said anything to the guy either. Better to stay silent and allow the old man to think he just got lucky rather than open your mouth to announce you can't competently manage your own money.

Thank you. I like your thoughts.

This is sad and true, my wife probably knows how much money I have in my pocket that I do. I just remembered that $50 because she gave it to me to buy a gift certificate. Also I've always put my money in the front pockets, but this one was in the back with my phone. Oh well, lik you said, lesson learned.

I guess I held him to a higher standard?? That's why it bugged me.

Why ? How is he supposed to know it was your money? Are you thinking he deliberately knew it was your money and took it?

Maybe the guy saw money and thought it 3was his lucky day. Have you never saw money on the floor and picked it up?

Follow them out to the parking lot, knock em down and steal theyre money. :lolguy:

the Usage of There, Their, and They’re

When to Use

How to Test

There

Naming a place, a thing, or the existence of something

Replace “there” with “here”

Their

Showing possession

Replace “their” with “our”

They’re

Combining the words “they” and “are”

Replace “they’re” with “they are”

Examples:

There:

1. “I’ve never been there before.”

Test: “I’ve never been here before.”

(Correct!)

2. “This is there ball of green string.”

Test: “This is here ball of green string.”

(Incorrect.)

Their:

1. “I went to their cottage last summer.”

Test: “I went to our cottage last summer.”

(Correct!)

2. “Their is the pizza place I was telling you about!”

Test: “Our is the pizza place I was telling you about!”

(Incorrect.)

They’re:

1. “They’re the two best players in the league.”

Test: They are the two best players in the league.”

(Correct!)

2. “My cousin is one of they’re closest friends.”

Test: “My cousin is one of they are closest friends.”

(Incorrect.)

Was any part of this sample helpful to you?

The lesson here is....

USE A FUCKING WALLET

Are you twelve?

Are you a meth addict?

Did someone mug you 10 minutes earlier and someone saw and gave you 50 bucks to help you out?

^^Those would be the only acceptable reasons for having money bills in your front pant pocket.

This isn't an issue of ettequite. If you realize the money was yours, explain the situation and get your money back.

I do have a wallet.

I would have said something along the lines of what others suggested, "I lost a $50 when I was sitting here, did you happen to see anything when you sat down?" Partly because $50 is $50, and partly because he did nothing to justify keeping it. I wouldn't necessarily have expected him to turn it in, but I would expect him to hand it over without feeling bad about it. If he said no, he didn't find anything, I'd probably pussy out and just secretly hate him until he died.

Tells me old man river is not a good person. And he's "well off"? Old dude bro is a dick. I would've asked who's this was and who was sitting here now and even next year (maybe not the year after that).

You need to find new old friends. As these seem like a bad influence. Betcha they call out "Bingo!" when they know they don't have it. So now they steal attention and money? That's war medals thrown off a bridge around these parts.