Amazon FireStick with Kodi?

Flybye

I am curious if anybody is using one? I recently purchased and got mine all setup. I followed popular steps for installation from online and have been running into intermittent issues with buffering. I am almost positive my internet speeds are not the issue. I keep hearing about setting up zero cache, but then hear I could run into storage issues. Any advice at all?

If you are still in Delaware, I know my internet has been balls slow for the past few weeks. That said I haven't had to many issues with my Firestick. I wish I would have known that you can't run it through a home theater. Looks like I will have to jump up to the Fire TV box thing if I want that to happen.

If you are still in Delaware, I know my internet has been balls slow for the past few weeks. That said I haven't had to many issues with my Firestick. I wish I would have known that you can't run it through a home theater. Looks like I will have to jump up to the Fire TV box thing if I want that to happen.

Hmmmmm whats the reason you cant run it through a home theatre????? Can easily be done.... if your reciever has HDMI inputs.... or run the sound output on your tv to your reciever then just plug it into your tv?????

Buffering can be a pain sometimes..... its the servers you download froms problem not your nets. Try the phoenix app.... it seems to work pretty good most of the time for me.

I get the buffering perhaps once every month or so. I reset my router and also unplug the Firestick for a few seconds and everything comes back without further delays. I don't know enough about it to say if that's the same problem you're having, but it might be worth a try.

Buffering can be a pain sometimes..... its the servers you download froms problem not your nets. Try the phoenix app.... it seems to work pretty good most of the time for me.

I started browsing Phoenix. It's not nearly as informative as 1channel, which is what I've preferred so far. I hope it's just the links though. So far it's been more of a hassle using Kodi over paid apps on my Xbox one and using rainierland occasionally.

I get the buffering perhaps once every month or so. I reset my router and also unplug the Firestick for a few seconds and everything comes back without further delays. I don't know enough about it to say if that's the same problem you're having, but it might be worth a try.

I reset it probably more than I should. I'm pretty positive it's a software issue. Just because gaming and all other streaming works just fine. Do you use Kodi?

I love mine. Use the shit out of it. I use Geniuses and Phoenix the most on the Kodi app. What also seems to help with buffering is keeping the caches clear of all the apps on the firestick including Kodi, i do mine manually rather than the zero cache app. Right now I'm streaming a movie on it and my buddy is playing on xbox live with no issues

I love mine. Use the shit out of it. I use Geniuses and Phoenix the most on the Kodi app. What also seems to help with buffering is keeping the caches clear of all the apps on the firestick including Kodi, i do mine manually rather than the zero cache app. Right now I'm streaming a movie on it and my buddy is playing on xbox live with no issues

I hear Genisis is no longer being supported and will probably be NLA soon. I was having slight issues with it anyway. I'm using Phoenix now and it seems to be pretty good. I have been reading that setting zero cache isn't the best idea on the FireStick. So I found another option I may try if I continue having issues. I am just a complete noob to all this and need to keep exploring.

It took me a lot of playing around with it. I really like Genisis after figuring out the cache clearing to keep the buffering to practically never, I hope it doesn't go away.

My only gripe is all of the hoops I need to jump through just to watch something. If it's always going to be this much of a pain, I'd rather just pay for other streaming apps.

As for Genesis...it's over. No new content as it isn't being supported anymore.

It sometimes takes me several tries to pick a source that doesnt buffer. I have found that if it even buffers for a few seconds, it will stop at some point during the stream to buffer again. If it doesnt start playing immediately, i automatically go to the next source. (assuming we're talking about the same thing). I use kodi thru openelec. Just a standalone OS dedicated to kodi running on a PC.

I am 10 miles north of Delaware, and I have been having buffering issues with youtube lately. just an FYI.