Costco FTW!

o0n8

So being a Costco member is great for what they have in the store, not so great for the random junk mail you get about their other services. But since I'm always looking for ways to be cheap I decided to get a Home & Auto insurance quote from Ameriprise thru Costco. It's was cheaper of course. About $95 dollars a month cheaper than the same coverage as Farmer's with lower deductibles. :fuckyeah:

If you're a Costco member, it's definitely worth checking out.

Now what to do with the extra $95 a month?

I'm more scared of great rates, than seeing them for a great deal. I probably pay a little more with USAA, but I switched to them because they just flat out take care of their customer. The last thing I want to deal with after filing a claim, will be a insurance company dragging my balls through glass, because they want to haggle and not cover me.

I'm more scared of great rates, than seeing them for a great deal. I probably pay a little more with USAA, but I switched to them because they just flat out take care of their customer. The last thing I want to deal with after filing a claim, will be a insurance company dragging my balls through glass, because they want to haggle and not cover me.

Working in insurance (and not for USAA) I can say they really do have great customer service. Whenever I've needed to contact them on any claim they've been quick and helpful. Tough to say for a lot of companies.

Working in insurance (and not for USAA) I can say they really do have great customer service. Whenever I've needed to contact them on any claim they've been quick and helpful. Tough to say for a lot of companies.

Yep.

USAA is an insurance leader for a reason. They offer you guys some of the most competitive rates, exemplary customer service and maintain a really healthy book of business. They're not as large as some of the bigger guys is all.

I have usaa and I'll be honest my experience hasn't been that good sure the rates are low but fuck I've had two claims and they were both a pain in the dick and took multiple calls and posts on social media to get callbacks.

Damn, Tommy. Sorry to hear that. We got cut off in traffic and then guy slammed on his breaks. We had no where to go and had to hit him. Totaled our one year old car. We had money for a new car in a week.

Talked to a contractor who does a lot of weather damage claims, and he said USAA is the easiest to deal with every time.

Put it in a savings account for when that insurance company refuses to pay out on your claim

Put it in bank. Retire early.

I like these ideas.

I don't qualify for USAA but have only heard great things. If I qualified I probably would use them. All insurance companies seem to suck (especially Nationwide) so I figure I might as well pay the least amount I can before I get dicked.

Damn, Tommy. Sorry to hear that. We got cut off in traffic and then guy slammed on his breaks. We had no where to go and had to hit him. Totaled our one year old car. We had money for a new car in a week.

Talked to a contractor who does a lot of weather damage claims, and he said USAA is the easiest to deal with every time.

Yeah my experience isn't the norm but I can't help but be upset it's been so lackluster. Hopefully they do better if I need a claim again, neither were my fault and what posted me off about one of them was we both had usaa!!

Yeah my experience isn't the norm but I can't help but be upset it's been so lackluster. Hopefully they do better if I need a claim again, neither were my fault and what posted me off about one of them was we both had usaa!!

:lol: so usaa would of paid regardless, and you still had a issue?

Ive had nationwide forever. Every time I have shopped around for better rates they are always for less coverage.

Also I pay about 100 a month for a beat up old truck and a razekar. (600 a half) Not sure if you guys own a fleet to save $95 a month or just have miserable driving records (mine is not spot free by any means)

500k per incident /100k medical per person involved plus un-insured motorist, etc.

Ive had nationwide forever. Every time I have shopped around for better rates they are always for less coverage.

Also I pay about 100 a month for a beat up old truck and a razekar. (600 a half) Not sure if you guys own a fleet to save $95 a month or just have miserable driving records (mine is not spot free by any means)

500k per incident /100k medical per person involved plus un-insured motorist, etc.

no fleet, just a '12 escape and a '04 Mazda 6 wagon. Not the best records but not terrible. Most of the savings really came with Home Owners insurance but both policies are exactly identical to what I had with Farmer's except for a lower deductable for auto. Will be paying $413/ 6 months for Auto.

+1 for Fleet discounts :) Have had State Farm through a personal connection since I was 16 and had a fleet discount since my early 20s, excellent rates, never an issue even with a very healthy payout when my Mustang was stolen and another when my Stealth was broken into.