Move To Cali?

wagner

Well, this let down might be leading to something better. I job within the industry that will allow me to stay in Columbus.

Now the question becomes:

Do you do what you enjoy and make less money, or wait and hope you find a higher paying local job and keep doing media stuff on the side?

So we know that Cali is off the table. You're asking whether you should take a pay cut to jump to an industry you would enjoy working in? If the numbers work out I probably would ... in fact I did. In the long run I am probably making more now than I would have. Most days I like my job, so I'm happy with the move. Since you are even asking I'm assuming you have run the numbers and it's doable. I would lean toward taking the opportunity.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So we know that Cali is off the table. You're asking whether you should take a pay cut to jump to an industry you would enjoy working in? If the numbers work out I probably would ... in fact I did. In the long run I am probably making more now than I would have. Most days I like my job, so I'm happy with the move. Since you are even asking I'm assuming you have run the numbers and it's doable. I would lean toward taking the opportunity.

It was a thinking out loud kind of question in general. This entire situation got me thinking about the idea of "the price of being happy."

Do you keep waiting and trying to find a job that will pay you a lot more, but be more stress? Or do you take a job that you get to enjoy what you do and have maybe different or bigger opportunities later, and get the pay check then?

I'm starting to look at just doing something that makes me happy for a while, take the jump, and see where I can make money on the side.

Well, this let down might be leading to something better. I job within the industry that will allow me to stay in Columbus.

Now the question becomes:

Do you do what you enjoy and make less money, or wait and hope you find a higher paying local job and keep doing media stuff on the side?

If you can live within those means and the move will make you happy, do it. If you'd be stretching to make ends meet, keep the day job and do the side work.