FS: Waterfront Property on Sandusky Bay – Port Clinton, OH

craig71188

My in-laws are relocating to Columbus from Port Clinton OH. As such, they will be selling their waterfront home there. Before we go forward with listing it with a realtor, if you can act quickly, you could get a better deal.

1146 sq ft, 2 bedroom, 1 bath – owned by my wife’s step father since the ‘50’s. Non smoking, no pet house. 2 car garage with additional loft storage. Small beach in front of house, concrete boat ramp, but end is in poor condition and there is limited space to get a boat/trailer to it – jet skis or smaller boats likely all it could be used for. There is a public ramp (but there is no parking near it) is less than a mile down the street and because of lack of parking, it is only used (by a very few) local residents. These smaller lakefront houses are getting harder to find as people have bought them up and rebuilt them as much larger (and expensive) 2 and even 3 story homes. The house next door was just listed at $349,000 on a double lot – but <1000 sq ft. to give you an idea of the market.

Our realtor wants us to repaint (including the wood paneling) and replace the carpet with builder grade, throw up some new fixtures, blah, blah, blah. We will do so if no one is interested and it will be listed at $259,000. OR, you can “buy it now” and do what you want with it and save. Pre listing and realtor “improvements” price is $219,000. If you are interested, I can send photos and a link to the auditors website. Timetable to have them out is Easter weekend (we will be there FRI-SAT if someone wants to see it) and then we will begin painting the following week. Realtor will have the house listed in early April.

PM me for more information.