Miata RF

o0n8

Looks like the targa top will take up the same space as a the soft top when down. It's not like Mazda to spend money on tooling etc. to make major changes. Everything for the targa top would have to fit into the per-existing soft top format with only very minor changes.

In addition to this, the flying buttress fits the KODO design language perfectly :) . It is really quite clever how Mazda was able to fit the retractable portion in the same form factor. the design really looks good and embodies KODO very well.

This made me wonder how much power it did make, and I have to tell you, I straight LOL'd when I looked it up. 155 hp? For ~$30k? I don't care if it is faster than a Ferrari Enzo on the track, those optics are fucking comical. At least get it to 200 man, Jesus.

tuners are showing bumps to 200hp for not a lot of money so Mazda may at some point do that as well. The tune has room for improvement before you start with the super/turbo charging. From what I hear the issue with tuning these things is the knock sensor which advances timing until there is knock and then backs off rather than pulling timing out when there is a knock.

here just read this:

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=589349