WTB: N64/SNES working or not

unfunnyryan

Sounds like OP wants to run some sort of emulator inside of an n64.

Since I just secured a n64 shell tonight, yeah, I'll let the secret out. Raspi3 + usb to n64 adapters, going to try tap power from the 12v of the N64 powersupply (only 12v@.8amps, with loss going to 5v it should be enough still)

Already have some neat switches that allow graceful shutdown and such that I am going to try to use with the factory switch/button. The exterior is going to be indistinguishable from a functional N64.

Still looking for more since I plan on making a few of these :)

So what would you charge to someone who provided you with a shell (working or not) who wanted you to create one of these for them?

Asking for myself and probably a friend or two.

^^^me as well

I'll let you know when I'm done and satisfied with one

It's incredibly easy as there is so much room inside. If you want a cool setup mod a cartridge to be the sd card and solder wires to the pins inside the cartridge and inside the n64 wire it from the cartridge slot to the pi. So it works like a real game cart to start up the pi. Wiring the controllers is also easy using the n64 pins, as well as the switch to power on the pi

It's incredibly easy as there is so much room inside. If you want a cool setup mod a cartridge to be the sd card and solder wires to the pins inside the cartridge and inside the n64 wire it from the cartridge slot to the pi. So it works like a real game cart to start up the pi. Wiring the controllers is also easy using the n64 pins, as well as the switch to power on the pi

Looks like there is a market for you in this thread alone!