IT classes/courses

Goldie

I have decided that I would like to go into the IT field. Doesn anyone have any recommendations on the courses or schools in this area? Any feedback/opinions wold be appreciated. Thanks guys

I'm not entirely sure. Network admin, systems analyst. I am not sure what all positions there are, and don't know a lot about the IT world. I have A LOT of learning to do

If you're looking at decent paying jobs..you're gonna need experience. That wasn't the case about 5-8 years ago...but it is now.

It's hard to specialize when you first start out.You almost have to be a jack of all traits...unless you can get into somewhere BIG from the jump. If you can't, getting the experience in an small shop is invaluable. The mistakes you make.....yes..you WILL make mistakes...cause a smaller amount of grief.

I guess what I'm saying is, don't expect to just jump in the field and get (keep) a good paying job without paying some dues first.

And, like Casper hinted at...it helps if you have some sort of direction.

PM me if you want to take it offline.