MANHEIM users?

Diamonds

I'm looking to buy a car for our company. Wanted to see about using MANHEIM again but my old connect is out of the car game. Can you refer me someone who has an account and goes hunting?

Also, what do I need to get my own account? I have a resellers license, EIN, and a warehouse for TacPack. Can I start buying cars now or do I need a special license?

You can go to the public sale at manheim or CFAA. If you're looking for more access you will have to have a license of some form and an auction access id to be able to bid on the dealer only sales.

I'm looking to buy a car for our company. Wanted to see about using MANHEIM again but my old connect is out of the car game. Can you refer me someone who has an account and goes hunting?

Also, what do I need to get my own account? I have a resellers license, EIN, and a warehouse for TacPack. Can I start buying cars now or do I need a special license?

You do need a different type of license.

http://www.dmv.org/oh-ohio/buy-sell/car-dealers/dealer-licensing.php

Stas went through the process at IPS when I was there and it did not seem to bad, they just make sure you meet the criteria above.

I had a used car lot for a while... honestly the deals weren't really that good in my opinion. What some of the experts were paying on some of these cars was amazing. The volume was incredible though. If you wanted to fill a lot with decent to mediocre deals and can get the markup through lazy consumers it works! There is no faking the dmv either... you have to meet their requirements and they check!

The DMV comes out to our location once a XX to do a walk through for the license renewal. Not sure how often you have to renew though.

Living in Grove City and watching the amount of cars that place tears through I always assumed there must be some decent deals for them to get through that much inventory but never knew.

Someone on here works there for what that's worth.

Trust me, the deals there aren't good enough to warrant the headache of getting a dealer license. You're bidding against people with 100x the expertise, 100x the resources, and 1000x the tolerance for a bad bid. A shit car/deal for them gets spread out over hundreds of car deals and disappears almost immediately. A shit car for your business can leave important cargo high and dry in the worst way. Not to mention the prices are so near-retail that you might as well get something from a dealer that you can complain to when shit goes wrong.

You're probably better off with public auction, private sale, or working with a fleet manager at a dealership.