98 Mazda Protege *Race Car*

88lx5oh

ok not really a race car, but now is your chance to own a very rare piece of history. a rocket ship of a sedan, only the finest japanese craftsman have assembled this particular vehicle. painted in a rich dark blue, with that ever so popular faded tan/brown interior. what is powering this animal you ask? no, not the 1.8l that is so common and boring, its the mighty 1.5L DOHC multiport fuel injection which when new produced a massive 92bhp. which I'm sure now it has only lost a few of those ponies. But how is all this insane amount of power delivered to the wheels? through a precision crafted 5 speed manual transmission, the throw on the shifter is to that of a toyota tacoma, which we all know is an amazing truck. with 226k miles on the odometer, you wouldn't know it , aside from the natural weight reduction it has been receiving over the years from harsh elements that have somewhat deteriorated the fine asian american metal.

this specific model of protege has all the bells and whistles. power windows, power moon roof, cruise control, power locks, aftermarket CD player and speakers to get your boom on, and A/C. the A/C was removed for power to weight ratio advantage against other rival imports.

several items have been replaced in the last 6 months on this astonishing hunk of steel. New ball joints, tie rod ends, front struts, wheel bearings, brake pads, shifter bushings, air filter, plugs, wires, serpentine belt, and some other things i probably forgot. tires are near new as well, which is a good thing, as you'll need all the grip you can get. now your probably wondering if this is such a finely crafted automobile, why did parts need replaced? Mazda is a class act facility, but sometimes the suppliers just aren't up to the standards of what this beast needs, plus 92bhp... your gonna wear parts out.

I'm only parting ways with the BROTEGE because i have just purchased a new daily driver, and my significant other was getting tired of all the numbers from hot chicks being left on the car everywhere i take it.

i would only purchase this vehicle if your single, looking for a lot of attention from the opposite sex, and can handle driving a japanese icon that rivals the Supra.

this all comes at a steal of a price $600

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g425/hobglide/Mobile%20Uploads/201AF897-2484-487A-854B-271FEC38D9A8_zps1ss7nlz1.jpg

will trade for work to be done on my explorer. I'm tired of working on it, and it needs the brakes figured out, i put new calipers, lines and master cylinder, and i can't get any pressure. also needs a fuel leak fixed at the fuel filter, and A/C needs a vacuumed pulled on it, and charged.

Was browsing and a friend in the room saw this. What is wrong with it? He is thinking getting it for his daughters first car.

as far as mechanically, not much really. it has 226k miles on it makes some weird whining sound over 4k at WOT like a twin screw blower. but did it since i have had the car and never got worse. brakes work like they should, drives straight, shifts good, clutch engages fine, no shakes or rattles in the steering. its just a beater car, and it runs and drives. it nots the best looking machine on the block, but its reliable. starts every time, even in the dead of winter it started with no issues, heater works great as well. uses very little gas. id honestly drive this car across the country and not worry about it.

i did plasti dip the roof black, since the clear coat was peeling, but now the plasti dip is peeling lol.

and as an added bonus the buyer gets to keep all the go fast stickers that are on the back window!

to even get a running car for $600 anymore is hard to do, ad this one runs and drives straight, and has had a lot of maintenance done to it recently.