Golf Resort Recommendations?

BStowers023

Seeing if anyone on here has any recommendations for a nice golf resort in the area? I'd like to stay within 6 hours or so. 6-8 of us going total. Greenbrier was my #1 choice, but that course is essentially closed for the rest of the year from the rain, so I'm scrambling trying to find another good option.

We went to a pretty decent one up on lake Erie a few years ago. Not PGA quality like the Greenbriar, but nice courses and the atmosphere near the lake made it that much better.

I'll call my buddy and track it down if you're interested.

We went to a pretty decent one up on lake Erie a few years ago. Not PGA quality like the Greenbriar, but nice courses and the atmosphere near the lake made it that much better.

I'll call my buddy and track it down if you're interested.

Yeah, let me know! A really nice set of courses would be awesome, but I think he environment of the resort is important too because it's not like we'll be golfing the entire time we're there lol.

What course would you compare it to in Columbus out of curiosity? Like course conditions and difficulty?

I'm a hack, so take my assessment with a grain of salt, but I'd say they're on par with any of the nicer country clubs in Columbus. No Muirfield, but nice courses.

Honestly there isn't the same atmosphere any where closer than the coast. I'd stay wherever you want and play the courses in the area, you'll be pleasantly surprised by the greens fees versus Columbus.

If you're staying for several days, I'd recommend taking the ferry to play the course on the island at Put-in-Bay, then stop and hit the par 3 course at Bay point resort on Marble Head. About as different a golf experience as you can get near Ohio!

I'm no avid golfer, I drink beer on golf courses, so a Google search for "golf near Port Clinton" would probably be more helpful. I will say it's a great place to leave behind the Midwest feel and hit some great little bars and restaurants on the water.

I'm a hack, so take my assessment with a grain of salt, but I'd say they're on par with any of the nicer country clubs in Columbus. No Muirfield, but nice courses.

Honestly there isn't the same atmosphere any where closer than the coast. I'd stay wherever you want and play the courses in the area, you'll be pleasantly surprised by the greens fees versus Columbus.

If you're staying for several days, I'd recommend taking the ferry to play the course on the island at Put-in-Bay, then stop and hit the par 3 course at Bay point resort on Marble Head. About as different a golf experience as you can get near Ohio!

I'm no avid golfer, I drink beer on golf courses, so a Google search for "golf near Port Clinton" would probably be more helpful. I will say it's a great place to leave behind the Midwest feel and hit some great little bars and restaurants on the water.

Awesome man! Thanks for the input and I'll look into it

Erin Hills / Whistling Straights in Milwaukee.

too many great courses and easy to get on in Michigan, NC, SC, Tenn.

Closer options: Indianapolis has a bunch of cool easy to get on courses same with Kentucky. I did the pete dye trail earlier this summer : http://www.petedyegolftrail.com/

Erin Hills / Whistling Straights in Milwaukee.

too many great courses and easy to get on in Michigan, NC, SC, Tenn.

Closer options: Indianapolis has a bunch of cool easy to get on courses same with Kentucky. I did the pete dye trail earlier this summer : http://www.petedyegolftrail.com/

Yeah I'm hoping something opens up at one of the nicer resorts, but we'll see. Kind of planning this late so probably not.

I saw that one. Looks like a pretty good bang for your buck. Hoping maybe Oglebay has something open down there

Traverse City Michigan. Some of the best courses you will ever play. A friend of mine has a cabin up near Shanty Creek Resort and they have 3 courses all right there, then one of my all time favorite courses Hawks Eye. If you have not been to northern Michigan in the summer and your golfer, you are missing out. Then, when your not golfing you can go rent a pontoon boat and go see one of the most beautiful lakes in the world, Torch Lake. It is like you are in the Caribbean.

[quote=BStowers023;1892319

I saw that one. Looks like a pretty good bang for your buck. Hoping maybe Oglebay has something open down there

We have stayed at Stonewall. Its really nice. My neighbor is a PGA golfer ans really likes their course.

Traverse City Michigan. Some of the best courses you will ever play. A friend of mine has a cabin up near Shanty Creek Resort and they have 3 courses all right there, then one of my all time favorite courses Hawks Eye. If you have not been to northern Michigan in the summer and your golfer, you are missing out. Then, when your not golfing you can go rent a pontoon boat and go see one of the most beautiful lakes in the world, Torch Lake. It is like you are in the Caribbean.

Ah nice! I've actually got a buddy from Traverse City so I'll him about it