LSJuan vs. Modded newer R1

coltboostin

Nice. How does it feel compared to the old setup? Smoother? Better high end? Just curious to see what to expect out of my twin 67s

At this point, I like the twins better. Hard to compare since its a smaller motor/bigger cam now, but it made more power everywhere on the old set up.

With the cam this set up feels much stonger up top though...

Coming from mostly high revving 4s and turbo 4s and 6s, I'd be willing to lose a little low for that great top end pull. Looked good, man.

Jes.

Still need to get the car dialed in, and used to driving this set up. I cant get away with short shifting agaist somthing fast like I used to.

...I mean a stock Z06 will pass a liter bike at the top of 5th/low 6th? You're doing what, 170ish when you pass? Nice run, but literally anything that can do 180 will EVENTUALLY pass a bike. Bikes are stupid quick down low but fall flat VERY quickly at 155ish (600s) or 170ish (liters). Keep up or pass one in 3rd or 4th and I'll be impressed ;)

Sincerely,

Hater with a bike

...I mean a stock Z06 will pass a liter bike at the top of 5th/low 6th? You're doing what, 170ish when you pass? Nice run, but literally anything that can do 180 will EVENTUALLY pass a bike. Bikes are stupid quick down low but fall flat VERY quickly at 155ish (600s) or 170ish (liters). Keep up or pass one in 3rd or 4th and I'll be impressed ;)

Sincerely,

Hater with a bike

That bike went mid 9s @155 with a street tire, and I was just a hair over pump gas boost.

I'd be happy to try you out 60-160. I'll even give you the hit for $100. :)

Sincerely,

Hater with a bike

i don't see a stock c6z passing a liter bike until the bike tops out and the z eventially comes around it. we're talking about a 20mph difference, at least, in 1/4mile trap speeds between the two

Ya but everyone knows R1's are SLOW! :lol:

Post more vids mang... :thumbup:

Ha! He'd rolled me in my Busa when I had it, and I went mid 9's @151 on that bike.

i don't see a stock c6z passing a liter bike until the bike tops out and the z eventially comes around it. we're talking about a 20mph difference, at least, in 1/4mile trap speeds between the two

Indeed. 40 to top'd out I'd bet this bike would be a full 1/8 mile ahead by the time it was on the limiter.

To clarify, I'm not disrespecting you or your car, JP. I know your shit is fast. I'm saying bike vs. car is stupid. Any bike worth a shit will leave a car before the driver can blink, and any car worth a shit will eventually catch up and pass. Expected video played out exactly as expected.

To clarify, I'm not disrespecting you or your car, JP. I know your shit is fast. I'm saying bike vs. car is stupid. Any bike worth a shit will leave (most) cars before the driver can blink, and any car worth a shit will eventually catch up and pass. Expected video played out exactly as expected.

Fixed that for you. I know a few local cars that would bury a mid 9 second bike all day. ;)

Fast drag bikes are geared to the moon and lose a ton of top end. Using quarter mile times/speeds as an argument for a highway roll win or loss is stupid. Everyone with a bike knows this.

My Busa went mid 9's and was geared to see 204mph on the limited in 6th. This R1's gearing is about the same-with a stock arm and a rider within a sac. Its not a drag bike. Like my bike-it still pulls hard a fuck @ 160mph.

So, does this make my comparison or race valid? ;)

My offer is still on the table for that race BTW. I'll even toss you gas money to come up north :)