Credit CleanUp - Unknown Card ???

Jackson1647545504

Dear CR,

How do you handle an unknown credit card on your credit report? (Amex Credit Secure)

Its a Chase Bank card and I only have the first 8 digits of the card, account start date (years back), and a basic history (high balance - non-delinquent). I'm purchasing a house and handing this will improve my overall score.

I called chase, they looked at my accounts and do not see it on my record(s). I went to the branch and got the same answer(s) when they looked in the computer.

^^^ This includes being an authorized user on another person's card.

They advised calling/mailing Experian directly but thought CR might have some shortcuts?

You need to pull all three and see if it's on all of them or just one then start calling them and disputing it there are paid services in Columbus that will do this for you but you may as well start with the free option first also most lenders can expedite the reporting process and even report things to the bureau's for you

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

It has a balance and isn't delinquent? So you are making payments on it? Maybe I read that wrong.

No ... I think this is from an old GF from way back.

It shows on my credit report as an Authorized User but I've never made a payment on it. The account doesn't show as "negative" or cause me a functional problem other than this one major time I need it.

However, I'm applying for a mortgage and they are holding it against me in the DTI calcs (if saying that correctly).

I can contact Experian (and others) according to their website documentation and they will remove authorized users accounts at the person's request.

I reached someone at Chase tonight who told me to contact their 'credit bureau' department and they can get me to next steps.

tl;dr - Stay on top of your credit. After fixing a bunch and paying off a ton, I should get a +60pt swing after ~6 weeks of work.

ask them for a letter stating that. Otherwise it often takes 30-60 days or more for it to be removed from your report

1-6 hours my lender will get a fax stating this has been done

3-5 days will be the removal

7-10 days I get a letter

by the 10 day mark this should trigger an automatic score recalculation

^^^ says lady from chase credit bureau department