Media/Sand Blasting connections

BloodRed

So my friend has picked up a 40-50's era hockey goal that was used in the old Cleveland Arena that he wants to restore. It hasn't been taken care of, but appears to be solid. He is looking for someone that will sand or media blast it. Thing is it is one solid piece of metal tubing, and can't be broke down. It is roughly 6' x 4' x 3.5' in size. I know that isn't going to fit in most chambers.

Any ideas or suggestions? I figure he is going to need to find someone that works on frames that would have a big enough chamber to fit the goal.

Thanks for the suggestion. My friend contacted them and they don't do the sandblasting there, but they gave him the guy that does sandblasting work for them. Guess they powder coat the goals for the Columbus Blue Jackets, so I think we are definitely on the the right track.

Is it just rusty? Or are you trying to get paint off? If it's rust you could try doing it electrostatically. Here is an article about how to do it. I've done this myself and it works great.

http://1bad6t.com/rust_removal.html

You could do it in two phases, one standing up with the bottom in a shallow pool, then laying down in the same pool. It would not need to be done all in one shot.