Flag Desecration

87GT

The flag is a living history and represents the sacrifices past and present made to preserve the Union, starting with the original 13 colonies.

It's a symbol of our history. A symbol of our nation, however, would be the freedom to burn the flag. Just like one should be free to burn a Torah, Quran, Bible, copy of the Constitution or Declaration of Independence, a picture of Barack Obama or George Washington. The freedom to express oneself through such a demonstration is far more important than the negative impact of such a desecration of a revered item.

I find such demonstrations distasteful, however if the flag represents anything first it's freedom. The rights we have as Americans (actually, just as human beings) supercede the patriotic representations of those rights. Cart before horse and all that.

I find such demonstrations distasteful, however if the flag represents anything first it's freedom. The rights we have as Americans (actually, just as human beings) supercede the patriotic representations of those rights. Cart before horse and all that.

this.

I try and keep it simple:

Bob's internal subconscious flag rule.

1a. If you are using the flag in a respectful/patriotic/proud manner then I have zero issues.

1b. If you do anything but what I just mentioned then I have an issue.

Putting the American flag on football cleats in honor of those who died on September 11th falls under my "1a." ruling.

Don't overcomplicate life people...

EDIT - For example: If you want to wrap up your newborn in an American flag because you are proud of your country and the opportunity this country gives you to raise a family and pursue your own success then be my fucking guest.

^^^ If you disagree with that then you are probably a pussy hipster who eats pizza with pear slices and goat cheese on it. And in that case... fuck you.

I try and keep it simple:

Bob's internal subconscious flag rule.

1a. If you are using the flag in a respectful/patriotic/proud manner then I have zero issues.

1b. If you do anything but what I just mentioned then I have an issue.

Putting the American flag on football cleats in honor of those who died on September 11th falls under my "1a." ruling.

Don't overcomplicate life people...

EDIT - For example: If you want to wrap up your newborn in an American flag because you are proud of your country and the opportunity this country gives you to raise a family and pursue your own success then be my fucking guest.

^^^ If you disagree with that then you are probably a pussy hipster who eats pizza with pear slices and goat cheese on it. And in that case... fuck you.

That pizza sounds delicious. Do you deliver?

I know quite a few people that served in the military and said that they would defend anyones right to desecrate the American flag in any way they choose. Not that they would like it, but they would be following the oath that they took when they joined.

I am one of those Veterans. I won't like it and said person may have to suffer the consequences thereafter but Ill be damned if I interrupt someone's right to the freedom of speech

After the NFL let this bs pass, I am not watching or spending any money for anything NFL. Kapernick's approach is the problem in the current black community. It is easy to make a stand without any real solutions and the county needs to get back to standards of you simply don't fucking do this to prove a point to respect those before you. Turning the finger pointing inwards will be able to have the most impact.

Instead of crying of it's so unfair that G wizze dizzle got shot by a police office because he pointed a gun at an officee while being a know drug dealer, how about focusing on actionable items that are going to better individuals as a whole:

1. boycott BET or anything rap related that creates an idealization of a drug dealer or that your a real g by being an uneducated piece of trash. How about creating shows outside of basketball wives or rap world garbage that inspires folks to better themselves as being successful African Americans. I was honestly shocked to hear a recent song by Dae Dae stressing the importance of taking care of his kids because the was his responsibility.

2. Create ways to drive awareness on the importance of either earning a education or learning skills to become a tradesman in order to provide for themselves. If folks are focused on the next steps and feel that they have too much to lose, then doing stupid shit doesn't seem as appealing.

3. Add conflict resolution and effective communication skills to basic education in the worst of the schools core education. Teach individuals that it is possible to resolve conflict without the need to have rash reactions.

4. Drive home the message that a successful African American is able to provide for themselves while stressing the message that illegal funds are basically unable to be used long term through various media outlets. With the increase of anti-money laundering from companies and temptation of social media to track ones actions, it's not worth it.

I know the 1st reaction is that I am some racist koon ass from the south. I am half black who grew up in both worlds. It has been painful to watch my community destroy itself while blaming others. Most of the hip hop record labels are owned by the same white groups the have business relationships with the owners of white private prisons who profit of the ignorance of Black America. I am very proud to be white and black, but if one is so mad about how the police treat their community, then become a police officer and make a positive change instead of doing more damage.

Fuck the NFL.

After the NFL let this bs pass, I am not watching or spending any money for anything NFL. Kapernick's approach is the problem in the current black community. It is easy to make a stand without any real solutions and the county needs to get back to standards of you simply don't fucking do this to prove a point to respect those before you. Turning the finger pointing inwards will be able to have the most impact.

Instead of crying of it's so unfair that G wizze dizzle got shot by a police office because he pointed a gun at an officee while being a know drug dealer, how about focusing on actionable items that are going to better individuals as a whole:

1. boycott BET or anything rap related that creates an idealization of a drug dealer or that your a real g by being an uneducated piece of trash. How about creating shows outside of basketball wives or rap world garbage that inspires folks to better themselves as being successful African Americans. I was honestly shocked to hear a recent song by Dae Dae stressing the importance of taking care of his kids because the was his responsibility.

2. Create ways to drive awareness on the importance of either earning a education or learning skills to become a tradesman in order to provide for themselves. If folks are focused on the next steps and feel that they have too much to lose, then doing stupid shit doesn't seem as appealing.

3. Add conflict resolution and effective communication skills to basic education in the worst of the schools core education. Teach individuals that it is possible to resolve conflict without the need to have rash reactions.

4. Drive home the message that a successful African American is able to provide for themselves while stressing the message that illegal funds are basically unable to be used long term through various media outlets. With the increase of anti-money laundering from companies and temptation of social media to track ones actions, it's not worth it.

I know the 1st reaction is that I am some racist koon ass from the south. I am half black who grew up in both worlds. It has been painful to watch my community destroy itself while blaming others. Most of the hip hop record labels are owned by the same white groups the have business relationships with the owners of white private prisons who profit of the ignorance of Black America. I am very proud to be white and black, but if one is so mad about how the police treat their community, then become a police officer and make a positive change instead of doing more damage.

Fuck the NFL.

I don't see any of this as racist, in fact I wish I could + rep you for it. Get rid of the stereotypes so people don't strive to become the stereotype.

Yes, and then it's also okay for the stars of those shows to go out and push gun control when they make a big paycheck on it :)

Sure why not, as long as the NRA can keep blaming real life gun violence on TV and movies while it celebrates gun violence in tv and movies by publishing top ten lists of coolest gun movies. This is America after all.

I mean, if we are going to blame BET and rap for black violence can we start blaming country music and action movies for poor white domestic abuse and violence? I mean, just so we can get rid of the double standard.

Sure why not, as long as the NRA can keep blaming real life gun violence on TV and movies while it celebrates gun violence in tv and movies by publishing top ten lists of coolest gun movies. This is America after all.

I mean, if we are going to blame BET and rap for black violence can we start blaming country music and action movies for poor white domestic abuse and violence? I mean, just so we can get rid of the double standard.

Exactly. The flaccid turds that fill Hollywood and the media will just keep pushing those who can't use logic in whatever direction they can via whatever means they can.

Matt Damon and Liam Neeson love to make moves with gun play, but then talk about how there are to many guns in America. I guess those checks cloud the view from their high horse.

The fact is that when it comes to all these hot button soft issues, they just are a smoke screen to hide the fact the real problems never get addressed.

Or....and I know this is a hard thing to imagine.....art like movies, music, and video games have little effect and the problem is related to something else like poverty.

Nope, I don't need to imagine anything, I understand that the problem is related to something else.

Your typical Daily Show watching/low information voter can't figure these things out. T

Nope, I don't need to imagine anything, I understand that the problem is related to something else.

Your typical Fox News watching/low information voter can't figure these things out. T

I mean, if you're gonna do one; gotta do the other. ;)

I personally no longer watch The Daily Show....

Suddenlink doesn't carry CC where I live. :p