Automotive restoration class

Richard Cranium

We're offering an adult education class on Auto Restoration. I think I'm going to sign up for this one. Here are the details.

Automotive Restoration: Join this fun class if you are interested in oldies, classics, hot rods, hammer, welding, and metal working. Taught by a Honda R & D employee.

Cost: $375, plus $75 for materials (could be more if you bring your own project)

Class Dates: November 15, 2016-March 7, 2017 (Tuesday evenings, 7-10 p.m.)

Total Hours: 48

Registration: Contact RAMTEC at 614-873-4666, ext. 4248 or czeallear@tollestech.com

Sounds cool, wish I had the time.

As a side note do they ever do any welding classes? Specifically TIG? I wouldnt mind taking an actual class to improve my skills

Delaware Area Career Center does, not just for TIG, but for all styles of welding. Honestly TIG is the easiest to learn. Stick welding is the hardest.

http://www.delawareareacc.org/ I don't see the classes listed right now, but i also see they are hiring for a welding instructor.

As a side note do they ever do any welding classes? Specifically TIG? I wouldnt mind taking an actual class to improve my skills

http://www.tollestech.com/adult-education/ramtec/

Basic Welding: Learn the basic techniques of shielded metal arc welding (stick), MIG & TIG, as well as burning and cutting techniques from an AWS certified welder. Class is mostly a hands-on experience.

Students must supply their own welding helmet, gloves, leather boots, safety glasses, chipper hammer, 10” vice grips, and a stainless steel wire brush.

•Cost: $325/per class, plus estimated supply costs of $73.

•Class Dates: Oct. 31-Dec. 12, 2016 (M-W, 5:30-8:30p) or Jan. 9-Feb. 15, 2017 (M & W, 5:30-8:30 p.m.)

•Total Hours: 36

•Registration: Contact RAMTEC at 614-873-4666, ext. 4248 or czeallear@tollestech.com

I took the welding class a couple years ago and I spent the entire time working with a tig welder. The instructor is pretty flexible with what the students want to learn. There was talk about doing a level 1 and level 2 class and try to get the students a certification, but I was never interested in that. I just wanted to weld.

Delaware Area Career Center does, not just for TIG, but for all styles of welding. Honestly TIG is the easiest to learn. Stick welding is the hardest.

http://www.delawareareacc.org/ I don't see the classes listed right now, but i also see they are hiring for a welding instructor.

I have no desire for any stock welding. Mainly tig, my mig skills just need to be meh at besst

I took the welding class a couple years ago and I spent the entire time working with a tig welder. The instructor is pretty flexible with what the students want to learn. There was talk about doing a level 1 and level 2 class and try to get the students a certification, but I was never interested in that. I just wanted to weld.

Awesome, thanks for the info.