anyone bulk store E85?

88lx5oh

I'm going to be adding a Flex Fuel tune to the wives car, and after winter mods ill be going to E85 as well. on top of that my neighbor who has a 16 GT with flex fuel tune was wanting to go in on some as well.

thinking of getting one of those big white square 255 gal containers to store E85 in, or maybe even just a 55gal drum.

or both, 255 gal drum to store, 55 gal drums to transport to and from fill station, as trying to move a full 255gal tank without a fork lift would be impossible, unless i built some kind of dolly system for it.

anyway, anyone doing something similar to this? how long/well does it keep? any precautions i need to take aside from adequate ventilation / normal precautions? ok to store outside vs. inside?

I guess this is a dumb question, Ryan, but why would you want to store E85 that you purchased at a fill station? I switched to E85 two years ago and haven't had any problem buying it wherever I drove unless I went to a very rural area (e.g., Marietta, West Virginia). Would any savings in buying it bulk be worth the investment in tanks and the trouble of transporting it?

I guess this is a dumb question, Ryan, but why would you want to store E85 that you purchased at a fill station? I switched to E85 two years ago and haven't had any problem buying it wherever I drove unless I went to a very rural area (e.g., Marietta, West Virginia). Would any savings in buying it bulk be worth the investment in tanks and the trouble of transporting it?

closest fill station to me is 30min at the very least. it seems like a big waste of fuel to have to drive an hour round trip to fill up.

with the flex fuel tune on my wives farm i can still fill up with 93 so its not a big deal, but if i tune my car strictly on E85 I'm kind of screwed.

This is the government website info for your area: http://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/ethanol_locations.html It shows 3 stations within or adjacent to Hilliard.

In the north Columbus/Delaware area, I find there are in reality about 2-3 times the number of retailers as listed on the gov't website, but that may just be true for this area.

When I travel and don't know of a retailer in the area, I look to Kroger, Meijer, and Speedway which often carry it. The Gas Buddy app also added E85 last spring.