Lesser known car YouTube channels

verse

Farkas and I have started a company (with huge help from Bob and TacPack) that we launched this weekend with very good feedback and sales so far. It's a car enthusiast subscription box called PetrolBox.

We are looking for a few good quality YouTube channels to help advertise our company. Being here awhile I know you guys typically have good ideas. If any of you know anyone with a decent YouTube audience personally or just from being subscribed to them, let us know. Some of the large channels will be pretty hard for us to get right now being a start up. I've contacted several with no response and only have 1 on board right now.

http://www.mypetrolbox.com if you want to see what we are up to.

Edited by verse

Do you have a promo vid? of the kind of things I would get If I subbed?

Back on topic its going to be a slog without lots of eyeballs but could you piggyback off a vendor of one of the items inside and go from there?

Most of our advertising so far has been on Facebook and Instagram. No promo video, but that's why we are trying to get some YouTuber's on board b/c it's a huge for people to see someone opening an actual box.

It's hard for us to piggyback off a vendor's advertising, once we get over 1K subbed I think it'll be a lot easier to do things like that.

I got a follow or something from petrolbox. Didn't know it was you guys. Good luck! That could be a really cool idea.

Thanks! We've been working hard on it for a while now and have had good feedback and sales so far.

Whats in the box?

It'll vary each month. Typically will be 5-7 items like wearables (shirts/hats/gloves/etc), interior/exterior car care products, tools, novelty items, stickers, other items. The first month will include tools, a shirt, and a few other cool items, retail value on the first box is $60 +shipping. The more subscribers we get the lower we can get the cost to get more value.

It's hard to get some people on board just b/c we can't really show what's in the first box b/c it kind of ruins one of the large selling points to a subscription box, a surprise box each month. That's why YouTube is a big advertising opportunity for these types of companies. People get to see the previous months box to see what kind of stuff is included.

Look up the channel More Skids

50k subscribers and growing

A couple of younger car dudes with good personalities messin around with there builds.

Watch the latest videos they put up, they open up fan mail and shout out peoples car channels and encourage viewers to follow if the content is good. If you sent them a care package and described what your company was about they would have no problem shouting you out in the next mail video. Your welcome and good luck!!

Look up the channel More Skids

50k subscribers and growing

A couple of younger car dudes with good personalities messin around with there builds.

Watch the latest videos they put up, they open up fan mail and shout out peoples car channels and encourage viewers to follow if the content is good. If you sent them a care package and described what your company was about they would have no problem shouting you out in the next mail video. Your welcome and good luck!!

They are actually our biggest channel right now that we will be working with. Quentyn and I just struck a deal yesterday, so keep an eye out for that video next month!

It'll vary each month. Typically will be 5-7 items like wearables (shirts/hats/gloves/etc), interior/exterior car care products, tools, novelty items, stickers, other items. The first month will include tools, a shirt, and a few other cool items, retail value on the first box is $60 +shipping. The more subscribers we get the lower we can get the cost to get more value.

It's hard to get some people on board just b/c we can't really show what's in the first box b/c it kind of ruins one of the large selling points to a subscription box, a surprise box each month. That's why YouTube is a big advertising opportunity for these types of companies. People get to see the previous months box to see what kind of stuff is included.

Ever think about doing a promo video? I'm not saying to copy dollar shave club, but god damn did they have an amazing promo video which I feel attributed to their success. It makes sense that you can't show whats in the box, but maybe show a few examples of many different items to generate buzz? idk, i'm not a marketing expert but a promo video would generate you some hype.

Ever think about doing a promo video? I'm not saying to copy dollar shave club, but god damn did they have an amazing promo video which I feel attributed to their success. It makes sense that you can't show whats in the box, but maybe show a few examples of many different items to generate buzz? idk, i'm not a marketing expert but a promo video would generate you some hype.

Yeah, their promo video just propelled them to success.

We've talked about promo videos and I have some goofy ideas that may work. I'm just not sure we have the equipment to make it really happen. The IT guy at work does a lot of videos for work so I may try to convince him to help us out.

Ha! Recently, I was actually looking to see if they had auto boxes like they do the gentleman's box and the various food boxes, etc. Good luck with it!

There's only one out there that is as relevant as we are already and they basically are basically a t-shirt box with car content.

If you need an investor, let me know...I love this idea!

Thanks!

I actually subscribe to LootCrate, but that's a completely different niche, same business model though. Theirs gaming/nerd stuff, ours car enthusiast gear.