Powering ARB Fridge on AGM battery ?'s

Radio Flyer1647545514

I didn't know how much response I'd get in my climbing thread so I'm making a new post. I want to run an ARB fridge but I don't understand what my setup is capable of. I put an AGM battery in my truck that has 840 or 880 CCA. the fridge I'm looking to get seems to pull .82 amps per hour from my research. I will add a solar panel to help supplement recharging my battery (I don't know how much that will help). I'm open to the option of buying another battery for the fridge only of that's the best route for me to take.

It sounds like I'll want to run the wiring for the fridge directly to the battery from the reading I've done. I'm driving about 30 min each day right now but there is a chance I could go up to 3 days without moving my vehicle.

Yup... CA/CCA really doesn't matter in this situation, that's a measure of how quickly the battery can give you power. Here you're looking for a slow and potentially deep discharge, where amp-hours or watt-minutes determines how much power you can pull out of the thing. If you expect to be using this a lot, go for a deep-discharge marine battery, like what you'd hook up to an electric trolling motor, not a regular starter battery.

Very well may want to just look into dual batteries....that way if you crap one out you can switch to the other for starting the vehicle and recharging the down one. If you are just using ONE battery it needs to be a deep cycle so you dont damage it by always running it down.

Supposedly the fridge will shut down at a certain point if the battery voltage is too low anyway

• 2 weeks later...