Ghost in the Shell

Dr. Apex

Fans of the original anime movie probably know there is a live action version coming out this coming spring. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1219827/

I found out about a prescreening about it last week and jumped on the opportunity to see it. It's not entirely complete with a lot of visual elements not finished but otherwise the film is done. I had to sign a non-disclosure agreement and such to see it. What I can tell you is if you're a fan of the original like I am you will probably like this. Some I hear don't like Sarge being played by Scarlett Johanssen but I found her in the role just fine. Within 15mins I felt like I was watching the original film. It really captures the mantra of the anime and is true to it for all the parts that count. Definitely worth the watch when it comes out in spring 2017.

Just thought I'd share.

I liked it. It's rare for a remake or conversion if you will like this to live action without it being a "reimagining" or "reinterpretation" of the original like so many these days. This stays far more true to the original but still felt fresh to me.