YouTubers

zeitgeist57

In all honesty, many Youtubers don't make much money off their videos... or at least as much as you might think. Subscribers, comments, and views are a huge factor in if you make any money at all.

You have to enable whats called "YouTube Ad Sense" on your account which puts the advertisements at the beginning of their videos. The numbers are rough and I have little to go off, but the last official report I saw was that ~100,000 views nets you $500.

Another option is adding "Affiliate" links in your videos to products or services. If people buy that product or service then you net a percentage of that profit.

Donations or flat fees are also given to a lot of people if they use a product in their videos or maybe wear a certain shirt. This is also known as a sponsorship.

The final way I know of is to join a network on youtube or broadcasting company to pay for and sponsor your videos. One of the largest groups on Youtube is known as the "Polaris" group which is primarily made up of gamers such as PewDiePie who grosses 12 million a year playing games, screaming like a little girl, and occasionally crossdressing in Harlem Shake videos.

In the end... Making lots of money of Youtube is next to impossible anymore unless you are an old man with a Hydraulic Press who crushes things. This guy made it to one million subscribers faster then anyone in the history of Youtube.

You could also be AVE ( https://www.youtube.com/user/arduinoversusevil/featured ) and have a patreon netting $8430 per month. ( https://www.patreon.com/AvE )

I highly recommend his videos.