My 2 Weeks Of Race Car Life *lots of words warning*

wagner

Some of you follow me on social media and get to see first hand the insanity that is my life when it comes to racing.

I was on the road for almost 2 weeks on a work trip that was only supposed to be one. It started at the World Cup Finals (the event I was supposed to be at) and ended with a trip to Mississippi.

At the World Cup my job was to help run the same day coverage on Dragzine.com, and help to run the live broadcast. Shit got hairy when one of our freelancer camera guys never showed up, as in never got on his flight, zero warning just bailed.

That was a huge problem because we were now down a person on the World Cup broadcast, AND he was supposed to drive one of our truck and trailer rigs to the Dirty South finals in Mississippi, then film it. We then had ANOTHER freelancer for the Dirty South finals bail.

At that point the only option was for me to drive one of the rigs down there (never driven a truck and trailer that big before) and also help make up for the lack of man power there.

After some flat tire issues on the 45 foot toy hauler, run-ins with Trump supporters, and gas station issues we made it to Hub City Dragway for the race. I ended up having to help co-produce the event, help trouble shoot camera issues, and became on-air talent on the fly. That got interesting when my interviews got crashed by 2 guys in those inflateable t-rex outfits...

Here is some of the insanity (I had to also do all the writing for the videos too)

If you want to see the rest of the highlights along with a ton of SEMA videos check out this link here.

https://www.youtube.com/user/powertv/videos

Where is said interview with Trex dicks?

It's somewhere in the DVR of the live stream. They didn't cut that section out so I don't know what time it is in there.

They were laughing at me in the production truck because I didn't break while they were dancing around behind me.

I was more worried about the drunks that were around the camera guy, they were some interesting deep south hick types...