Bamboo flooring opinions

Lauren

Hey dudes

I'm installing the floor in my newest studio. I bought 2700 sqft of Bruce pre finished natura maple solid hardwood. My installers went to install it yesterday and none of it is Milled correctly. It would leave gaps everywhere which I can't have. I'm in a pinch as I have rented the studio next weekend for an event. I checked out bamboo and from what I've read solid bamboo is just as hard as solid maple and bamboo is dirt cheap. I can save about $4000 switching to bamboo. I'm only interested in solid bamboo that needs to be nailed down not click lock and floating. Anybody have any experience with this product? It comes in colors we can live with and the style fits our design.

I have no experience with this product, but did look into them a few years ago when we redid our previous home. I liked their look, they sell tongue and groove for nail down installs, and at that time they were much cheaper. They also make some nice furniture grade plywood.

https://www.calibamboo.com/bamboo-flooring.html

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I think bamboo would work great for your application. The biggest downside to bamboo is it isn't waterproof, thus basically eliminating it in rental properties (which is why I don't use it). It's hard as a mother fucker and can be refinished, so that's nice. It does scratch fairly easy though.

For what it's worth those hardness grades are garbage. Sure it's going to hold up better then others if you drop a 100lb dumbell on it but that's not real life. I've installed a few different brands a number of times and they all scratch like CRAZY. I've never seen a brand whose stain penetrates deep enough to not be annoying. Though the pricing is always attractive.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

We've been looking at flooring options for our new home. From what I've learned, while Bamboo is cheaper (and sustainable if you're into that), it has a much higher expansion rate than hardwood. You have to keep the temperature and humidity somewhat stable or allow for the floor to expand which would mean gaps at your baseboards.

http://happyfeetinternational.com/

LVT's wood look in a 100% waterproof plank. Great warranties easy to install very little claims. LVT's are taking the flooring world by storm. If your seriously interested PM me for more details I can find you a dealer that would be more than interested in helping you. These will retail much cheaper than most prefinished hardwoods.

http://happyfeetinternational.com/

LVT's wood look in a 100% waterproof plank. Great warranties easy to install very little claims. LVT's are taking the flooring world by storm. If your seriously interested PM me for more details I can find you a dealer that would be more than interested in helping you. These will retail much cheaper than most prefinished hardwoods.

I went this route (LVP) in my new home, and currently having all hardwood in my home. Main reason is , four dogs, two toddlers. Our floors are taking a beating, and while I can refinish and the like, its a pita...

Bamboo is nice, i would roll the dice on it if its something you will be out of in a year or two anyway. Ive installed some, it laid easy with staples. The stuff I laid did knick up a bit easier then I would have guessed however it added to the look and was still pretty nice.

I spent quite a bit of time at panel town in grandview today. Ended up with natural maple engineered hardwood. It's a lot more stable then bamboo and solid hardwood and because we are running it 61 ft X 42 feet it will be better long term with that long of runs. I didn't want it and wanted solid but they said it would suite is much better. Our installer was also on board and recommended it so that's the way it goes. We got a product that can be sanded and refinished once.